DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Double entries, time runs and buy backs poll
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Double entries, time runs and buy backs poll
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I have a flyer from 15 years ago for a race that paid $20,000 to win, $100 round money, 1 buy back and was guaranteed with 120 entries. Entry was $200 but buy backs were $100.

Then there were Pollards triple 10s which were also cheap entry. He had more and raised the purse $3000 at one of these races

These examples show it can, and has been done.

Loose Rockers deal is pretty close

Posts: 6265 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
I have a flyer from 15 years ago for a race that paid $20,000 to win, $100 round money, 1 buy back and was guaranteed with 120 entries. Entry was $200 but buy backs were $100.

And that race is gone now.

quote:
Then there were Pollards triple 10s which were also cheap entry. He had more and raised the purse $3000 at one of these races

And those races are gone now.

quote:

Emphasis on "has been". One was a track-promoted event, which means less overhead, but expenses are a lot higher today. It may have been guaranteed with 120 entries, but it needed a lot more than that just to break even. The others had a format that was incredible for the racers with cheap entry and big payouts, but they couldn't sustain the normal market-rate track rental costs even with a large number of entries.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5770 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
https://www.facebook.com/photo...ozsY2AWEpa3Rh9&ifg=1

Would you race this race? No buy backs. But you do get to see some young guys run their pro cars!

Posts: 1561 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
If you look at the 2018 LooseRocker American Door Slammer or the 2019 SFG event fliers, and select the 1 day gate entry for the $20k or $25k and buy back fee, and what they start to pay for round money with a 3rd round win, I believe that this is better than any “has been” in the past. This is great value for gate entry fee bracket racing at good tracks using the most expensive method of entry on the fliers imho.

Posts: 2641 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
If you look at the 2018 LooseRocker American Door Slammer or the 2019 SFG event fliers, and select the 1 day gate entry for the $20k or $25k and buy back fee, and what they start to pay for round money with a 3rd round win, I believe that this is better than any “has been” in the past. This is great value for gate entry fee bracket racing at good tracks using the most expensive method of entry on the fliers imho.

These are events that allow double entries and Sometimes 2 rounds of buybacks

As Michael has already said and my math showed, would you pay an additional 33 percent entry fee in order to not allow double entries and only allow one round of buy backs

Posts: 852 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
quote:

These are events that allow double entries and Sometimes 2 1 round of buyback

As Michael has already said and my math showed, would you pay an additional 33 percent entry fee in order to not allow double entries and only allow one round of buy backs

Here, I fixed this for you.. read the fliers for the 2 race promoting organizations that I reference. I have.

Posts: 2641 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

These are events that allow double entries and Sometimes 2 1 round of buyback

Here, I fixed this for you.. read the fliers for the 2 race promoting organizations that I reference. I have.

Sorry, still allow double entries

The person putting on the loose rocker race has stated in this very thread that not allowing double entries would increase the entry fee by over 30 percent. Would people attend Michaels loose rocker race if the entry fee was 30-35 percent more and only allowed single entries

Posts: 852 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
I think double entries should just run one another each round till the end,then combine with all.

Posts: 1922 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry, still allow double entries

The person putting on the loose rocker race has stated in this very thread that not allowing double entries would increase the entry fee by over 30 percent. Would people attend Michaels loose rocker race if the entry fee was 30-35 percent more and only allowed single entries

Mark didn't argue that the events didn't have doubles. He just said the events were a great value.

Also, I said the entry would have to be 40-45% higher, not 30-35%. That's using actual figures. (Remember, when you have fewer entries, you also have fewer buybacks, evein with the same buyback percentage).

An entry that much higher would be a non-starter. What you'd need is to grow an event to the point where you could sustain the loss of double entries and still end up with a lot of cars, so it could continue with only a nominal increase, if any. You'd just have to take the hit. There would have to be a balance. There was an event that was 1 car/ 1 driver/ 1 entry in recent years... 10K/25K/10K for $700, limited to 150 cars. It didn't fill. That's another event that's gone now.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5770 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
So Wednesday Dec 19th the poll shows out of 127 racers -

Racers typically will try to race events that allow single entries

Racers don't want to pay more for races because they only allow single entries

Racers don't want to travel further to races because they only allow single entries

Racers don't want to travel further to races because they have double entries

Racers prefer 1 time run each day

Racers prefer buy backs 1st round only

Racers prefer a re-entry round over advancing into 2nd round.

Posts: 2149 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:

With 120 entries and 60 buybacks, the promoter grosses $100 before expenses. That's with $20k to win, $2k ru and $100 round money starting with 3rd round loser. No way it was sustainable.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 782 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Two questions that should be on that poll.
How many times did you race in 2018?
Of those how many paid 5k or more?

Posts: 12 | Location: indianapolis in | Registered: July 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^ X2

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
I go the Big Buck races only few times a year, out of 25 to 30 races do in a year. So I did not veto in this poll. I think to vote here it should have been the majority of your racing season, as that is who are the real customers. That's just my 2 cents....hahaha

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aaron vail:
Two questions that should be on that poll.
How many times did you race in 2018?
Of those how many paid 5k or more?

that would have been a good question to add

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
More than most on both questions...

Posts: 1275 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
More than most on both questions...

Because you brought this up, perhaps you could share your total events raced and those over $5k with everyone. This would be interesting to know how much others race in a year.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Have to look on calendar but I would say twice a month during the season...from Huntsville,Montgomery,Greer,HOH,Rockingham,Orangeburg,Darlington,Silverdollar....

Posts: 1275 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
Have to look on calendar but I would say twice a month during the season...from Huntsville,Montgomery,Greer,HOH,Rockingham,Orangeburg,Darlington,Silverdollar....

That looks like many races for sure to me.

To be relevant, I use each day of racing as an event day. IE… if I attend an event and would race 4 days, I log this as 4 separate race events. And then separate by what the “To Win” purse was for that event.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
I go the Big Buck races only few times a year, out of 25 to 30 races do in a year.

That’s still a lot of racing and probably as much or more than many others.