Find
Notify
Tools

Irritated
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted
VMP changes up their TNT for Friday afternoon/evening to something run by an outside promoter. All day session which doesn't do me any good and it closes at 7PM. Cost jumped from $30 to $200.

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
They been going down hill since Allen Carpenter left.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
VMP is one of our favorite tracks on the NHRA Divisional circuit. They do a great job for 3 days we are there each season.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
$200 test and tune? Can't imagine there is a long line for that. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Rodney Pryor
posted Hide Post
The TNT on Friday is part of the grudge / heads-up shootout event on Saturday being run by the track rental / promoter. This event is not for the casual TNT or bracket racer. The $200 fee is designed to keep the car count manageable so that those participating in the Saturday event can get the track time needed. Tracks schedule these type of events all the time. No need to bash VMP for this. The 2021 VMP schedule has races scheduled throughout the year for all of its racer base.

FYI - Both Colonial Beach and Maryland are having normal TNT on Friday.

Posts: 116 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chasracer:
VMP changes up their TNT for Friday afternoon/evening to something run by an outside promoter. All day session which doesn't do me any good and it closes at 7PM. Cost jumped from $30 to $200.

When did it "change"? It was on the schedule this way since at least January 1.

https://racevmp.com/2021/01/01...021-season-schedule/

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5734 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
And $36 to cross bridge going to MIR + its a good long ride from Dinwiddie to MIR and unless its changed Colonial Beach isn't a National event level track.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Rodney Pryor
posted Hide Post
I was merely pointing out that there were other options for TNT this Friday without the $200 fee. So if you're looking for a TNT this Friday - Colonial Beach should be fine.

This past weekend my brother's car ran the same at VMP on Friday during the Street Car Reunion race as it did at Colonial Beach on Saturday during the weekly bracket race.

IMO - if you're serious about your program - the $200 fee at VMP to test on a "national event level track" is nominal. I've been to them before at VMP and I usually put my car in the trailer after about 3-4 runs in 2 hours as I've done all the "testing" that is needed.

Posts: 116 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
quote:

When did it "change"? It was on the schedule this way since at least January 1.

Michael - maybe you're looking at an old schedule. They even announced it the other week that it was a Friday night TnT for $30.

https://racevmp.com/2021/01/01...021-season-schedule/

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rodney Pryor:
I was merely pointing out that there were other options for TNT this Friday without the $200 fee. So if you're looking for a TNT this Friday - Colonial Beach should be fine.

This past weekend my brother's car ran the same at VMP on Friday during the Street Car Reunion race as it did at Colonial Beach on Saturday during the weekly bracket race.

IMO - if you're serious about your program - the $200 fee at VMP to test on a "national event level track" is nominal. I've been to them before at VMP and I usually put my car in the trailer after about 3-4 runs in 2 hours as I've done all the "testing" that is needed.

Well - maybe running to CB or MIR isn't in the cards for everyone. Maybe we should have run down to KDS, Galot or CP - who knows but we had planned on VMP for Friday night and it vanished. $200 was just a bit deeper than we wanted to go - besides we attended one of their high-priced test sessions before and they had a power outage that day and lost hours of test time. Not their fault of course.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Michael - maybe you're looking at an old schedule. They even announced it the other week that it was a Friday night TnT for $30.

It was on the schedule announced in January. It was listed exactly the same way on different schedule .pdf's in both January and March. It was always scheduled to be the "Payso Productions Test Session".

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5734 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
Michael - I can't help what they had on the schedule you have but on the website and at the track the previous week - it was a $30 Friday TnT event. A bunch of us talked about whether we were coming out to it or not.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Get over it! I ain’t putting either of my cars on the track during a Friday $30 test and tune.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Get over it! I ain’t putting either of my cars on the track during a Friday $30 test and tune.

Seeing how it's you, I bet they would be willing to make an exception and charge you $100. Wink Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post