DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Retirement and shop racing supplies purge
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Retirement and shop racing supplies purge
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted
I retired from full time work and racing in 2017. I kept lots of spares and racing equipment until this year. Considering a house move or my sudden departure from life, motivated me to start getting rid of race stuff, I’ve not touched in 8 years. It would have been easy to just throw it out, and I did some of that, But, with time available I started selling it. Pennies on the dollar, but kind of rewarding knowing another racer got a deal and it can help their race hobby budget.
So I tried FB market place, but that wasn’t good for me. Back in the day, I sold tons of racing Powerglide parts, so I decided to try eBay again. Just wanted to share it is a good way to purge clutter, if you’re in the same boat. They take a huge bite, and you do have to price stuff cheap, if you want it gone.
I don’t have family that would want or could use this stuff, so I want it to not be another burden on my wife, daughter or brothers.
Here’s my eBay site, if you want to see if anything is of interest to you.
https://www.ebay.com/usr/quick_16

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good post. One of my kids asked me several years ago, "Dad what are we going to do with all this stuff when you are gone". Don't matter to me was my reply, I won't be here.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Good post. One of my kids asked me several years ago, "Dad what are we going to do with all this stuff when you are gone". Don't matter to me was my reply, I won't be here.

Let me know if you want help getting going on selling your stuff.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
A friend that ebays told me a while back "all of that stuff is going in a dumpster when you die". Hard facts to face.

Posts: 1464 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thanks but I am not going to fool with stuff located in 3 states accumulated over 60-65 years. But thanks for the offer. A bunch of it left when I moved to NC but still a lot left.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I can relate, recently made a major move, gave most of mine away, it was hard to see them go even though I was no longer using them.

Posts: 268 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
This post got me to thinking I have been racing since I was 25 or so Im now 68 I have gone through a very difficult time medically for last 2 and half years and havent been able to race but Thank God Im on the mend. While I was at my lowest point and thought I was about to die nothing meant anything to me except family and close friends I had made peace with all this and was thinking of what to do with the race car and all the parts etc . I had decided to will all my race related parts to my racing friends just to keep wife from having to deal with the selling and a;; that goes with it. Best of luck on selling your parts

Posts: 65 | Location: Horse Cave Ky | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post