DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    what does everyone use to clean their cars
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what does everyone use to clean their cars
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
now that offseason is here..i dont race,just curious what does everyone use to clean their cars (especially dragsters)? im know a terry towel/cloth works great, but is there any specific brand cleaner? do yall use any special cleaner on headers, tires, & wheels? do you wipe them down throughout a race? me be some what of a clean car guy i think its an underrated/unoticed detail.

J.K. Hodges

Posts: 46 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: June 11, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Soapy water on the headers and a wash cloth. Meguires quick detailer or Lucas slick mist on everything else, with Scott's blue shop towels

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1087 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Jerry Kathe
posted Hide Post
I essentially clean everything with Windex and the cheap micro fiber towels from the warehouse club. I then use Meguire's quick detailer or Speed shine from Geoits Garage and generally just a good soap and water on the wheels and tires.

Jerry Kathe

Posts: 138 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Quik Detailer and a soft cloth on the body. Windex and an old bath towel for headers, valve covers, chassis, etc.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3185 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
PLEXUS on lexan, water and micro fiber on headers, quick detailers with ceramic on bodies. Scrub and bubbles on most anything but window's.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Joe Gibbs speed clean on chassis/valve covers/headers. Spray on let sit for 30 seconds wipe off. Takes up hardened rubber grime and oil easily.

Posts: 733 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I have a couple similar to this. https://www.amazon.com/Chemica...a-451345273821&psc=1

I spray my dragster down with a bottle of soapy water and use the squeege to wipe it down and a clean soft rag to get the seams or streaks.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4141 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Like most we rarely wash the entire car. Just a spray detailer and microfiber at most. If yo have stainless headers and want them to look new again toilet bowel cleaner that contains Hydrochloric acid will have them looking brand new in a couple minutes. If they are the high temp silver coated Mothers aluminum polish will make them look new again.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 1006 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Sometimes the car gets caught in a rain shower, I'll wipe it dry with a chamois. Roll Eyes

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1728 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Believe it or not wd-40 on all powder coated surfaces.

Posts: 65 | Location: home | Registered: February 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post