DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    best way to rockingham from maryland
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

best way to rockingham from maryland
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
hi its been a few years since i have gone to the rock,i used to go 95 and cut over south of rocky mtn, but i have forgot the exact way any help since alot of us are going that way this week.

Posts: 12 | Location: maryland | Registered: August 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Wrong way son. I travel this so often my truck can go by its self. Listen to anyone you want but trust me this is the best, shortest, smoothest, and fastest, way. I-95 to Petersburg, pick up I-85 to Henderson, NC and take Route #1 South all the way to the track. 95% 4 lane and only a couple of lights......be careful on I-85 in VA as they enforce the 70mph speed limit real close. Have a good trip. I made it last week from BWI to Durham, NC last Thur in 4 1/2 hours coming this way

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
hi fern we took that rt for years till the new road was cut in off 95???

Posts: 12 | Location: maryland | Registered: August 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Lower end of VA 85 has just been repaved and all of NC 85 is new concrete and no traffic. 95 is just a mess--go straight through Richmond, not the by pass.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm heading down this week as well. Google Maps suggested staying on 85 until close to Durham getting on 70 to pick up RT 1. Does that sound right?
Thanks

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Slick Vic
posted Hide Post
I will be coming across the Bay Bridge Tunnel, so I will end up in Emporia, 95 to 64 then 87 to 1?

302-786-1078
slickvic@slickvicracing.com

slickvic@slickvicracing.com
www.slickvicracing.com
302-786-1078

Dealer for most major brands, including Simpson, Necksgen, Hans, Strange, Moser, Amsoil, Aerospace, Digital Delay, Hoosier, M/T, Goodyear, Redhorse, MSD, Racepak, Lucas, and more.

Complete racecar wiring and custom CNC parts available.

Posts: 131 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
M120 70 is a no no. First it is out of the way and second it is all under construction in that area and mostly 2 way traffic. You are correct Slick Vic....both of you pay attention around Raleigh, watch the signs.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Fern!

Leaving NJ around seven AM Wednesday morning. With stopping it should be about 10+ hours to get there.
Are you going to be there?

Thank you for the info!

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Got Dr apt Fri 120----Gave this info to Jim Young years ago. When you hit Baltimore take the Baltimore -Washington Parkway (295) all the way to DC where it splits and New York Ave goes to the right, you go left on 295. Take first exit after Pennsylvania ave, I-395, and after you get on it stay in the left lane which will take you across the bridge via HOV lanes. Depending on the time if you have an EZ pass you can rum 50+ miles South of DC in the HOV lanes, Don't need it for the bridge. HOV starts South at 12 Noon. It will save you a good hour or more. Good luck

DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
Hope to see you at the rock at the end of the month, fern...I am coming up for the Third Amber Showdown...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
sent you a PM Fuzz