DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    2020 Bracket Finals & Summit National Championship
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2020 Bracket Finals & Summit National Championship
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
This was posted on our home track (Div 7) Face Book closed group account. Has anyone else seen/heard about their respective Div. Finals & what are your rules? I tried to find info from the Division Director on the subject, but found nothing.

"Okay Big car ET Finals Post.
The finals will be in Bakersfield October 1-4. There are some major changes for this year only. The Sunday summit showdown has been replaced with a big gambler race. Saturday will still be the team race, and for this year the winners on Saturday will be the representative to the summit world finals. I will post the flyer and info sheet on Wednesday. One other thing for this year, you must pre register and pre pay. This info will be posted with the flyer & info sheet."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: B KING,

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2552 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
https://www.facebook.com/nhrad7

NHRA Pacific Division
2h ·
Attention Summit ET Racing Series racers! Here’s a flyer for the event.
Of note: we rolled the the typical team race (Saturday) and Showdown (Sunday) purses into one purse for Saturday.
Saturday winners (and RU in Sportsman) will advance to the Summit National Championship.
Event open to anyone that has run a points event for the series in either 2019 or 2020 at the track they will be representing at this event. Must be on team roster to participate.
Due to some tracks not running or having enough events to have a normal points program we are changing Sunday portion of the event to The Bakersfield Brawl; an all in one gambler. We will separate door cars/dragster in box, separate motorcycles and combine them with the remaining no box cars when we get to 16 or less vehicles. Payout will be based on total entries!
For more details, contact your local track and get on the team! We look forward to another great event.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2552 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
The NHRA D2 ET finals are scheduled to be held at Rockingham. North Carolina has not been friendly to events like that since COVID, to my knowledge. Have been wondering if the finals would be moved to a different state.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
The NHRA D2 ET finals are scheduled to be held at Rockingham. North Carolina has not been friendly to events like that since COVID, to my knowledge. Have been wondering if the finals would be moved to a different state.

IMO, someone needs to make a decision to throw in the towel on the finals. I think they are being overly optimistic to think there will be a National Championship.

Div. 7 has been one of latest run finals of all Divisions. We are almost to Sept. I think a decision(s) are needed to be made in regards to the other Divisions.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You can stay home if you don’t like the format but you think they should throw in the towel because your unhappy

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:
You can stay home if you don’t like the format but you think they should throw in the towel because your unhappy

I'm not overly enthusiastic about these changes, but I'm not unhappy about them. Div. 7 isn't throwing in the towel & who knows when, where or if the National Championship will happen or where it will happen. Who knows in these times!

I'm considering going because of some of the changes, but that wasn't the plan at the start of the year. I've been planning to update the car & was going to get a early head start.

This is just my opinion right or wrong. Wink

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:

This is just my opinion right or wrong. Wink

Division 7 doesn't allow you to have an opinion.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
So track points are out the window and this looks like what used to be a big bucks bracket race.
Can anyone enter?
I don't do Facebook and this doesn't seem like very clear info.
Just wondering.

I'm not in a bad mood, I just look that way.........

Posts: 991 | Location: Kingman, Arizona | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by double trouble:
So track points are out the window and this looks like what used to be a big bucks bracket race.
Can anyone enter?
Just wondering.

Dan,

It's unclear info & it was on the LVMS & Pacific Div. Facebook accounts. I looked on NHRA Racer & found very little info, other than dates. That was as of yesterday & I haven't checked today.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
quote:

We have raced in NC at least 3 weekends since COVID and it hasn't really been a big deal. Last weekend was Lil Bigfoot twin 15s at Piedmont and it wasn't a big deal.

I'd expect the D2 finals to happen in Rockingham and I'm looking forward to it! I really like racing there.

I fully expect Pomona might be postponed to the Winternationals, but that's purely speculation.

Matt Ward

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:
Originally posted by double trouble:
Can anyone enter?
Just wondering.

Dan,

It's unclear info & it was on the LVMS & Pacific Div. Facebook accounts. I looked on NHRA Racer & found very little info, other than dates. That was as of yesterday & I haven't checked today.

check on WHP Summit team Face book page, looks like if you raced with any Summit Div 7 team in 2019 or 2020 your in....

https://www.facebook.com/whpteamsummit/

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brktracer:
quote:

We have raced in NC at least 3 weekends since COVID and it hasn't really been a big deal. Last weekend was Lil Bigfoot twin 15s at Piedmont and it wasn't a big deal.

I'd expect the D2 finals to happen in Rockingham and I'm looking forward to it! I really like racing there.

Good news!

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brktracer:
I fully expect Pomona might be postponed to the Winternationals, but that's purely speculation.

We could always ask our residential Wanna-Be Know-It-All for his prediction. Stop

NHRA was suppose to have pulled the plug already according to ED. The #1 DRR Loser

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
NHRA hasn’t pulled the plug however the LA County Fair at the Fairplex has been canceled

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Our track manager stated today there probably wouldn't be any more racing before the Bracket Finals.

My Son & I had a heck of year. I think my Son finished 4th in his class & I finished #1. I was going to race the Finals, but when my Son didn't want to go. I decided not to go & start on the race car upgrades. Big Grin

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436