Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
quote:
Originally posted by TheBlueTruck:
Speaking of Wallys. Someone moved the tire. This is a National, Divisional and the Participation Trophy.

They're not all one piece or mounted solid, so the tire may rotate left or right.

It's molded that way solid as a rock. I just thought it was odd. They may have went to a different trophy company.

I got a little Wally for winning Class at the Keystone Nationals, but I was the only car in the class, so it doesn't mean much. The Bracket Finals, Divisional, and National Wallys mean something.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The only ones you will find on display anywhere in my house would be the National, Divisional and Championship ones. They are in the office pretty much out of site these days. I do have "others" that are in a box in the attic. IMO I agree and they give way to many of them for other races to include opens of which I have a few. Feel free to flame away.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 1018 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
expensive dust collectors lol.....

Posts: 787 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
I'm proud and cherish the many I have and the accomplishment it took to achieve them. I was very outspoken when they starting "normalizing" them as a trophy but as normal, others always know best.

IMO Trophies should be "special" and a show of a special achievement.

People use to line up for miles to get Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. When you started to be able to get them at C-Stores and Grocery Stores the "coolness" wore off. To many ways to get them!

SL...

Posts: 2141 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Those Krispy Cream lines disappeared first of the year when they moved to a cumbersome box and raised the price $2.00 a dozen Mad

Posts: 6247 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Never too many Wally’s! Is there such a thing? HMMMM

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4599 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:

Evidently,there is .
I see them on Ebay all of the time.

Posts: 1176 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:

Evidently,there is .

Really? I'd be a broke ass before I sold mine.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
quote:

we have "several" , and yes , they have to be dusted all the time .. I'd hate to think how much each one cost ..LOL ..but no, we would never sell one ..they are "priceless" because they all remind me of the time spent with my son , thats the most important thing to me as I get older ... just glad that I was there when he won each one .. and hope he can win some more while I around ..

Posts: 787 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:

Evidently,there is .

Yeah I guess some guys could... Coolest one I have is the Crew Chief Wally.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4599 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I rest my case, and yes you red that correct a Wally for a slot car race. And you wonder why people buy them on ebay Smile

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 1018 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
I rest my case, and yes you red that correct a Wally for a slot car race. And you wonder why people buy them on ebay Smile

That last quake in LA was Wally turning over!
Holy Moly

Raceless in California!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I have good Wallys and not so good Wallys, but it is the accomplishment that assigns the significance of the trophy rather than the shape of it.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3202 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:

Pictured is an actual Class Winner Wally for a Lucas Oil race in 2009. Somebody donated it I guess and they "re-gifted" it at the slot car race. NOT an example of the NHRA actually awarding a Wally for a slot car race.

Mike

Posts: 1589 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I can read, and I get that. Apparently any attempt at humor on the interwebs falls on deaf ears. Note the smiley face and reference to them selling on ebay Big Grin

Marcus Tullius Cicero

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
I'm with you Smile

Mike

Posts: 1589 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post