DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Winter Nationals in July and rain.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winter Nationals in July and rain.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Must be the NHRA water Gods! Where NHRA goes so does the rain!

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1030 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Never seems to fail, does it?

Posts: 4824 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Don't know what forecast you're looking at, but the sites I've seen show anywhere from a 0% -3% chance of rain, Friday - Saturday and even less than that on Sunday. It is going to be warm though...mid - upper 90s.

Posts: 121 | Location: Imperial, CA | Registered: September 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The site is Pomona. I'm here, it is raining!

Posts: 1030 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Yep, it rained here in Cucamonga all morning. The forecast looks good though. Prepare to be hot.

Posts: 4824 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Matrix
posted Hide Post
Whats it look like for Friday? I'm flying out from Maryland.

Daryl Pinder

Dynasty Motorsports
www.dynastymotorsports.com

Posts: 456 | Location: Ft. Washington, MD USA | Registered: March 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Rain is gone and hot, clear skys.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Racing at Pomona again!
That's hopeful huh?
Now if Fontana can start back up it would almost be normal around here again.

Hey, I can dream.....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4520 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
But normal in Cali. , if there is such a thing. Is that really a good thing? LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4405 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I still can't believe they were able to put together a plan to have Q1 of Funny Car at 8:15pm on Friday, followed by Top Fuel.

Those Liberals are going to be extremely upset at the noise at that hour. Smile

Posts: 1176 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Schedule I saw has a open TnT for sportsman cars on Thursday, that's pretty cool of NHRA. My bet is they just want to get as many cars as they can down the track to put some rubber on it since it has been sitting for 1.5 years but that's ok too

Posts: 2516 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Very nice of nhra, $100 T&T for maybe 2 runs.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Schedule I saw has a open TnT for sportsman cars on Thursday, that's pretty cool of NHRA. My bet is they just want to get as many cars as they can down the track to put some rubber on it since it has been sitting for 1.5 years but that's ok too

Don't think enough cars (hope they do) will test to do it good. It will take till late Sat to get it good.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4597 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:

Nobody's arm is getting twisted to test. Its $75 on TnT day at a divisional and there is no shortage of cars. If I was racing there I would gladly pay $100 to get some hits in if I felt I needed too

Posts: 2516 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
About fifteen years ago every NHRA event had rain. In one of the newspapers there was a comic strip that had a newscaster saying, "In order to prevent all droughts we will now have NHRA schedule races at every location experiencing a drought."

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1386 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:

Nobody's arm is getting twisted to test. Its $75 on TnT day at a divisional and there is no shortage of cars. If I was racing there I would gladly pay $100 to get some hits in if I felt I needed too

I agree but the diff is no cars have been on that surface for over a year so how good would the data be? Huge gamble for a high hp car.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4597 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just checked out the track, all the weeds are gone and it's looks terrific.