Bracket Talk
Transbrake button for no-box

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/75460652/m/3057095186

August 19, 2018, 10:48 AM
RX80
Transbrake button for no-box
Been running footbrake but I want to put transbrake button for no box was wondering what other people were using,Thanks
August 19, 2018, 02:28 PM
Footloose
I have used many different brands. No difference for me. I think they are all made in china. Just reboxed and branded. I never recalled seeing one made in the USA. SAD!
August 19, 2018, 02:36 PM
sst5167
Search Duran Racing Products. He has a newly designed long throw Predator button that looks really nice. I'm a top bulb racer, so I don't have any experience with it. But what I like about his design is, there isn't any shims or springs for the adjustment. It looks like a threaded adjustment.

Mike Boehner
August 19, 2018, 06:22 PM
RX80
Thanks for the info that looks like a nice piece
August 19, 2018, 09:20 PM
Lenny5160
I'd suggest just trying a regular, nothing special button first, and only switch to a long-throw button if you can't stay green.

I use a Biondo Terminator, but my car has a fast Pro Tree transbrake. I never adjust the button to change reaction time. I make RPM changes.

Tony Leonard
August 19, 2018, 09:21 PM
SST386
There's one called Just n Time. Poke around on here and you'll find some info on it.
August 19, 2018, 10:11 PM
jeremy341a
JNT!

Jeremy McKague
s/c 341a
August 20, 2018, 08:56 AM
DragRaceSolutions.com
The Just-N-Time button and JNT XL are 100% Made in U.S.A.

The micro switch itself does come from out of the country, but the housing, switch, springs and bolts are all USA made products.

www.JNTButton.com

Wink

Home of Collector Tethers ~ Just-N-Time Buttons & Drag Race Solutions products

www.DragRaceSolutions.com
Sales@DragRaceSolutions.com
August 20, 2018, 10:16 AM
Hoagie
I've been using a Just-N-Time for a couple of years, very consistent and alot of adjustment.

Your best bet is to buy a standard release botton first, see how much adjustment you can make with the car. tire pressure, launch Rpm etc..
August 20, 2018, 04:00 PM
MM Racing
I use the Apex Machine transbrake button. http://apexmachining.com/transbrake-button/ Super consistent and NRHA approved.

-Phil Watkins
Midnight Machine Racing
August 20, 2018, 04:24 PM
Eman
https://www.ebay.com/itm/OMRON...dExpress!37857!US!-1
Try a simple switch first. If it's not a pro brake you might not need to slow down. Where you mount is important when no boxing since it's leaving when you let go. Instead of using a TB I just use a 2 step to footbrake and level the field a little.
August 20, 2018, 04:24 PM
Curly1
Here is my thoughts on it. I have the Just in Time and I guess it is probably the best of the slow release buttons but they are still limited. IMHO. My car will go Red on 400 (.370?) tree. I tried it bottom bulb racing with the JNT button along with lowering RPM, lower pressure in tires, transbrake release in the reid case and nothing could slow it enough to do the job on my car. But I needed to kill about .110 and that is out of its range. Once again my opinion. Also with the lighter springs the less consistent and reliable they are. The button must be horizontal or even pointing down some.

One race I got down to 3 cars and when I released the button the car did not release. I literally let off, looked down and pulled it out to go. If your car is fairly slow and you only need to kill a little to keep from going red they are good. But if your car is fast and reacts fast then I have not found a way to reliably leave off bottom bulb with transbrake.

With my quick release button I was going .001 to .007 red (on .400 pro tree) so now I am back to using the JNT button with fairly stiff springs and it is working good.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion