DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    bracket dragsters with blower/powerchargers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

bracket dragsters with blower/powerchargers
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I've noticed in the past few years alot of bracket dragsters with blower or procharger setup. is there a real big "advantage" vs using a bigger n/a motor? seems like a lot more have that setup recently.

J.K. Hodges

Posts: 47 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: June 11, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dragkid1990:
I've noticed in the past few years alot of bracket dragsters with blower or procharger setup. is there a real big "advantage" vs using a bigger n/a motor? seems like a lot more have that setup recently.

While I'm not a dragster, we are a small tire bracket door car running in Pro. For us the advantage is the mph & the ProCharger bringing its own added atmospheric pressure. While we made the change from NA to ProCharged & EFI. It didn't take us long, (4) races to find a win & it was a good amount. Plus, we have continued to win with this set-up & still learning.

Other than the mph & to some extent the quicker ET in the class. The biggest advantage is running faster with an SBC without leaning on the motor hard. We have a very conservative tune & on low boost. I'm happy with the boosted set-up & have about 200 runs on it. Is there still room for improvement(s), yes!

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2699 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post