DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Prayers for Thomas Bell aka whompwhomp
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prayers for Thomas Bell aka whompwhomp
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
Speedy recovery Thomas! Praying for your health.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 561 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent, Get well soon.

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1384 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
dang man. I am just seeing this about my friend whomper. spent some time BSing with him at commerce last weekend. we were talking about 1290 and what a great guy he is. I really hate this and prayers are sent up for my friend.

ep

Posts: 776 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Fritz
posted Hide Post
Sending prayers...get well soon!

Posts: 881 | Location: Tempe, AZ | Registered: April 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Get well WOMP, need my #1 fan at 100% Wink

PSA...

I/we don't know his health history but let this be a lesson to us all who spend our time and $ on the best parts we can afford for our race cars to be the best they can be to compete, we need to do the same for ourselves.

At a minimum, EVERYONE of us should be having a yearly physical with full blood work up and a EKG.

Those of us over 40 should have a yearly stress test and start a 5 year colonoscopy regiment at a minimum.

Great advice Ed. Also throw in some form of excersize.

Get Well Soon Whomp

Posts: 440 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Prayers coming your way wompwomp!

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Whompwhomp I hope your recovery is going well. These heart procedures are pretty routine for the doctors and the hospitals, but is never routine for the patient. Definitely a life changing event

Posts: 2524 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Get well WOMP, need my #1 fan at 100%

PSA...

I/we don't know his health history but let this be a lesson to us all who spend our time and $ on the best parts we can afford for our race cars to be the best they can be to compete, we need to do the same for ourselves.

At a minimum, EVERYONE of us should be having a yearly physical with full blood work up and a EKG.

Those of us over 40 should have a yearly stress test and start a 5 year colonoscopy regiment at a minimum.

1000percent agree ed!!

hope for a full recovery whomp!!!

Posts: 1433 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
I wish you the very best in your recovery. Get well prayers on the way.

Posts: 1415 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
Hoping for a speedy recovery !!!

Any news on how he's doing ??

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Just seen a post from his nephew where he is going to have the stent procedure on his left side also. He had a 99 percent on right side and 50 on left. Continue with prayer please.

Posts: 6 | Location: ga | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
thanks for the update on whomper.

ep

Posts: 776 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Appreciate the updates!

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I appreciate all the kind words an prayers hard to express how strong the racing community really is...finally back home feeling pretty good just gotta take it slow for awhile once again THANKS....an GOD IS GOOD.....

Posts: 1275 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
This is good news!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2361 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Good to see your post Thomas, take care if yourself and hope to see you at a track soon!

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good news Whomp. I went through this 5-6 years ago and today you would never know it happened. I drove my race car 1 week after getting out of the hospital.....You will feel much better. Good news and good luck

Posts: 6262 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Great news!

Take care

Cool

Posts: 622 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
God is good indeed Womp. Glad you are doing well.

Fern....You may very well be a badass from what I can tell from here. I mean that.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6442 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
I appreciate all the kind words an prayers hard to express how strong the racing community really is...finally back home feeling pretty good just gotta take it slow for awhile once again THANKS....an GOD IS GOOD.....

Good to hear from you and glad you are doing better. Take are and get better.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4225 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post