DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    New years race Palm Beach?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New years race Palm Beach?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Was just informed that today is cancelled by someone there, looks like a lake from what I was told.

Posts: 608 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
That's a shame. Not cool Mother Nature.

Posts: 64 | Location: south carolina | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
We are here, rain is a pain. They aiming to give 1 time run in morning then into main event, original separate $10k into single $20k. If time/weather permits the shootouts will run after.

Posts: 3079 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm not there but an entry is that's in the same garage as me is, Sunday looks alot better than Sat right now, why run it as a combined 20K race on sat? Try to run saturday too, do they have a curfew? If not start the shootouts after the 3rd or 4th rd of the regular race (Sat). If a curfew split it when the time comes.

Posts: 608 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Glad someone heard all of that although I assumed today was over as it never stopped raining for any length of time. But that deal for tomorrow I did not hear.

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yea sucks to drive 1200 miles and watch it rain we did that enough this year alot closer Roll Eyes

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
1157 miles to be exact...cant say we didn't see a chance of rain...

FINALLY met Fern! KEWL dude!

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
FINALLY met Fern! KEWL dude!

that's what you said about ED!!

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chris. You are just across the river from me, oops that’s the track. I woke up at 6 and it’s been pouring the whole time. Don’t look good for racing but 2 of my grand daughters are coming from Tampa to see me race, or hang out in the rain. It’s all good and I feel bad for Rob. Just watched local weather and they said this will continue until the afternoon

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Have yet to meet ole Ed... Big Grin

Hopefully we can get started in the morning...

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
We in area behind gas pumps. Sky and radar looks a lot better this morning. Hopefully we get to race today.

Posts: 3079 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
We just may get to race today!!!!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That’s what they say

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Fingers crossed. I hope you guys get some racing in today.

Posts: 64 | Location: south carolina | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Fern, I saw ya leaving this morning!

That kid of mine got it done!! He seems to make the trip worth while occasionally!!

Proud dad here!!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Congrats Cory + Chris on your win !!! 330’+ burnouts in the finals, amazing for a bracket race .

Posts: 2481 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
He still had 2 in when I hit the bed. You were all hanging in there. I blew the horn when I passed and wondered why you were parked there. I suppose you are still on the road as I just now walked in the house. I had a good time, my car was good, but I couldn’t drive a billy goat and it was raining to much to go eat and visit. Sure glad the rain left and Rob got the race in. Those track people got worked to death, what an effort.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
He still had 2 in when I hit the bed. You were all hanging in there. I blew the horn when I passed and wondered why you were parked there. I suppose you are still on the road as I just now walked in the house. I had a good time, my car was good, but I couldn’t drive a billy goat and it was raining to much to go eat and visit. Sure glad the rain left and Rob got the race in. Those track people got worked to death, what an effort.

I nearly broke my monitor when you gave the stripe back. Mad However, if you enjoyed yourself, that is exactly what matters. I think I know the answer, but I have to ask, would you do it again? Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1234 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
It was good to see you again Fern...they tried everything to race on Friday and Saturday but the weather just would not cooperate...the sad part is this is our dry season down here...lol...I was pitted under the grandstands...

After watching it rain for three days I finally was ready on Sunday...took my time run and then it happened...I took my scooter to use the restroom and....BAM!....I hit a wet spot and went flying...messed myself up real good...I had to leave and go home...I felt real foolish and I now have a giant shiner and knot on my head...sheesh...oh well...I hope to be ready to race on the 11th in Orlando...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Fern, I saw ya leaving this morning!

That kid of mine got it done!! He seems to make the trip worth while occasionally!!

Proud dad here!!

Congrats Cory and Dad!

Posts: 2435 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post