DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    How Imported Valves Are Made
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Imported Valves Are Made
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted

Posts: 114 | Location: NY | Registered: April 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wild Wild West 2
posted Hide Post
Did you see the PPE they were wearing ? I mean NOT wearing ! No safety glasses and even no shoes on that one dude ! India maybe ???

Tim West
"Wild Wild West" Racing

mickeythompsontires.com
tciauto.com
compcams.com
www.motorsportsinnovations.com

Posts: 316 | Location: Spartanburg,SC | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I'm shocked they're even a one-piece valve...some American and ALL offshore valves used to have the valvestem friction welded onto the head of the valve. Crazy to watch a valvestem spinning a ga-zillion rpm clockwise and a head of a valve spinning in the opposite direction being brought together to friction weld into one complete valve...

aaaah, the good old days lol

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4520 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Friction welding is used a lot when mixing different metals into one piece.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1771 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
Friction welding is used a lot when mixing different metals into one piece.

Nice you never have to get your welding tanks refilled I guess lol

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4520 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post