DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    The OG million 2023
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The OG million 2023
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted
full story

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DragRaceResults,

Posts: 436 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
They like that place.

Always talked about St.Louis.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Good location and date choice. The Summer Fling in Columbus is the week prior.

Posts: 2543 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey its close enough I might finally go-wo-ho!

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 425 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:

this will hurt both races, many have to make a choice, can't afford both.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:

As long as the economy is still good I think the OG will have a great turnout

Posts: 1270 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:

For many that are on CST the OG will be the closer of the two. Many can’t/ don’t do either one. Same for the Fling Million.The OG been on my bucket list and this is as good as it’s going to get location wise for me. Both OG/ Summer Fling are about the same distance for me.

Posts: 2543 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
There is no pre-entry on the OG Million, correct?

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toad1:
CORRECT….but they should have changed it….If you don’t run the million you don’t run nothing

Posts: 1270 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Walter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
quote:
CORRECT….but they should have changed it….If you don’t run the million you don’t run nothing

Why?

Mark Walter, Senior Chaplain
JAMA Racing Ministry

"A wise person is hungry for truth, while the fool feeds on trash." Proverbs 15:14
"Laus Deo!"

Posts: 299 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
With the required car count that race will never pay a million.

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
none ever have nor will

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Walter:
quote:
quote:

Why?
Cuz it’s a goat fuc

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Walter
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Walter:
quote:
quote:

Why?
Cuz it’s a goat fuc

Ah...

Mark Walter, Senior Chaplain
JAMA Racing Ministry

"A wise person is hungry for truth, while the fool feeds on trash." Proverbs 15:14
"Laus Deo!"

Posts: 299 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I ran the Million when George Howard owned it, it was in Memphis, 2006 I think. The guy who won it was in a hardtail car, I forget his name, but it was the first time I watched a winner turn around on the track, skidded to a stop by the finish line and got out and waved at all of "beer drinkers" who were watching. I think he bought Holly Springs later. It was fun to watch then. No 30 minute delays between rounds "negotiating". Old School I guess. I won three rounds with our antique, worn out hard tail and I think I got my entry fee back!!

All I need is a $3500.00 sponsor for 40% of the winnings.... any takers. The ol S10 was pretty tough last year.

Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
These races back to back make the trip easier for travel for some. Nice trip for 2 weeks of racing.

Agreed not all can do both, bit not sure 1 will hurt the other.

We have seen 2 races GABR and SFG both have paid 1 million or more to win in the past. The OG million never has obtained the required entries.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thats what I thought Chris. Is Cory at Bradenton this week?

Posts: 6234 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
No sir, not this week. We have attended that race many years past. He had a full year and elected to hang at home over the holiday.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Me to, first one I missed.

Posts: 6234 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post