Find
Notify
Tools

cell phone company
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Which cell phone company are you using and opinion of them.

Been using verizon but that crap is about to be over. Nothing but trouble for past cpl months and need less head aches now days.

What you got?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4458 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Consumer Cellular. They use ATT network from what I’ve been told (could be wrong). Least expensive phone plan I could find for the wife and me years ago. No complaints.

Posts: 2636 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I was with AT&T and I switched to Consumer Cellular also. Can’t really tell any difference in the service but it’s half the price.

They use ATT towers here but T-Mobile if they’re a better fit in your area.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5331 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
Was with Verizon for 17 years and the last 2 service sucked, dropping calls all the time. Swapped my personal to AT&T and my work phone is still Verizon. AT&T is by far better and service almost everywhere I’ve been when Verizon has nothing

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Ok gave consumer cleular a try and its about to be history. Phone works but inernet access sucks including WAZE GPS.
WAze worked fron Greensboro NC to Brownsburg IN w/o a hickup.

So what service to try next?

Posts: 4458 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Not sure if it is a option in your area but have been with US Cellular for years. Don't really have any complaints with them and they seem to answer their tech support lines fairly quickly if you need help with anything.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
verizon, none better serving the NYC metro area.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I've been with AT &T since they were LA Cellular. It costs a little more but it has worked for all over the world.

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
T-mobile...If you are over 55 Magenta® MAX 55+
Unlimited EVERYTHING $50 a month 1 line $45 2 or more lines. $27 a month with limited service.

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1230 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I travel country wide...AT&T crushes em all in coverage and reliability. IF YOUR using a company that rides another company, IT COULD be temporarily binded by a contract that eventually ends.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I have AT&T for my personal and Verizon for my work phone. They both have their pluses and minus. I have been where I had no service on one and 5 bars on the other on both phones. Find out what works the best in your area and pick your poison

Posts: 2524 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
May give at&t a try. Verizon worked ok in lot of areas but not here at the house and that was big PIA. nothing like 4 phone calls for one conversation.

Usually had to go out for better reception. Joked I was living on Green Acres and for a phone is was not place to be. Only older guys here are going to get that one.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Joked I was living on Green Acres and for a phone is was not place to be. Only older guys here are going to get that one.

Did you have to climb up the pole to charge it...lol

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Nope just to have other hear me clearly.