DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    one project causes another.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

one project causes another.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
So I deceide I wanted a rack and pinionj steering instead of drag link style on fed last year, No rpobelms just changr few pieced of tubing,mount rack-n-pinion and wekld a pass threw tube in fuel tank. Easy.

Well then getting ready for a paint job on car.Mounting full body,which is never run due to 20 lbs weight. Find out most lower panels on left side need mods. SOme require welding some nothcing and two fron panles probably easie to just remake them.
Good part. Non of these causie me issue with running car just problem mounting full body and prep before painting.

Down side more time and money. Probably have to by another sheet .040 along with .060 I was gettting for new oil pan and trnsmission pan.

Oh yea throw in building wholoe new nose so as to take adavnagtage of allowed 40" overhang allowed in nostalgia cars. Also sholud be better aero dynamics which mean nothing on fed.

Thinking I may be my own worst enenmy.LMAO Hopefully others do same stupid shyt,so as not to be lonley.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4456 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
So new noser piece is half way done and onlt cost same as new one. Then can not buy 40" sose piece and it is allowed in NDE1 and most all nostalgia class'. Figures to only be .007 or so but got nto screw with opponents some. Plus its not like anyone elses which is worth a little anyway. Add im its just fun.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4456 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post