DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    What upgrades are you making this year?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What upgrades are you making this year?
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Try to get 2 motors sold.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
On my new front engine dragster it is back in the shop for a bunch of changes. Raising cage, lowering rear end, moving a bunch of weight around, new fuel cell, changing engine angle and raising ride height a little.
Then I will make some wiring changes and fuel system changes. Motor is good to go.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4008 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Broken valve spring just before the last couple of races so I figured I better pull the pan and check out things. Pulled the pan, cleaned it, pulled oil pump, didn’t look great so I ordered a new one. I figured while I’m in there I better look at the bearings, they look fine.

Then I decided to pull the intake manifold to make sure no stray pieces of spring were hanging around. Everything looked fine except the intake manifold is broken where the distributor hold down bolt is. Luckily this manifold has two hold downs.

Freaking race cars are a pain in the a-z-z! Hopefully I’ll be ready for Phoenix.

Almost forgot the upgrade part, I’m putting my new Mark Whitener LRC carburetor on. Hope it helps, it looks like a Swiss watch. Thanks Mark!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5307 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
After 15 years of running TH400, I am going to a glide.

Non-racing issues kept me occupied a lot in 2017/18 hurting focus. Hopefully I can be a little more competitive now.

Posts: 3079 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<DOTracer>
posted
New W/D hitch, new trailer, alot of new stuff for inside the trailer. On the car side, it's getting a new two row radiator, probably new valve springs & tires. Couple other small things, but that's it.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bracketracer-78
posted Hide Post
New trailer tires. Maybe mufflers and dot tires so I can run street.

Posts: 141 | Location: Stevens, PA | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
Begun stripping the brakes down, and redoing them, and swapping trans/converter. Maybe a few smaller things.

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
Sell a Junior Dragster, rebuild one motor with just he normal tear down, inspect and clean and new bearings/rings and gaskets. Rebuild second motor a little more involved, needs pistons (had wrong piston for head), got a new intake (needs hogged out), no major failure though so that helps. Hopefully take a 4.80 565 spread port motor and make it a 4.60 motor with more compression, having cam in correct place, Edelbrock intake and have converter matched.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Tom H
posted Hide Post
New engine with injection.

Took me 3 years to get the dragster where i wanted it. The next practical thing to do was to change everything. Drag racing is definitely a sickness.

On the flip side, not sure if its an upgrade, but converting the Plymouth back to the street.

Posts: 62 | Location: wisc | Registered: January 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Pinkerton:
Try to get 2 motors sold.

Are those engines listed in the For Sale section here? Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I use DRR Classifieds on Facebook as my primary spot. Amazing at the stuff I have sold off there this year. You interested in an aluminum 598 or 615 Tom?

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Nichols
posted Hide Post
Working on assembling and testing a 526 KB Hemi w BAE heads using an F3 ProCharger for some NHRA D3 TD and PDRA work.

Bought this engine over 20 years ago from **** Demets. He was an exhibition Nitro Funny Car Driver running in the Texas and surrounding areas. It was a backup engine and never completely finalized. Lots of fun engineering to complete it. Lots of challenges as well. Only about 6 months behind at this point. lol

Posts: 157 | Location: Charlestown, IN U.S.A | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just the usual maintenance for now, and polishing up all the aluminum.

Would really like to put a flying toilet on it, but that will be determined by funds...

Posts: 403 | Location: a race track near you | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Pinkerton:
I use DRR Classifieds on Facebook as my primary spot. Amazing at the stuff I have sold off there this year. You interested in an aluminum 598 or 615 Tom?

WAY out of my league. Smile Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of The Hawk
posted Hide Post
Finally invested in a digital dial in board for the `Bird. Will be way easier than the Velcro units on the passenger side with that wide body.

lane weber

perfecting a better mousetrap

Posts: 158 | Location: Littleton, Colorado | Registered: November 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Hawk:
Finally invested in a digital dial in board for the `Bird. Will be way easier than the Velcro units on the passenger side with that wide body.

I want one of those soooo bad.

Posts: 403 | Location: a race track near you | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 57 Vette
posted Hide Post
Ken Jones custom built 1250 alcohol carb will be on top of my SDPC 582 Head Hunter engine using the new Titan metering blocks from GET'M Garage.

IHRA ACDELCO Canadian Nationals
Top/et Iron man Champion Wink
Don Davis 57 Corvette Super Gas roadster Cool
SDPC 582 Head Hunter on alcohol

Posts: 268 | Location: Toronto Ont/Surprise AZ | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Nichols:
Working on assembling and testing a 526 KB Hemi w BAE heads using an F3 ProCharger for some NHRA D3 TD and PDRA work.

Bought this engine over 20 years ago from **** Demets. He was an exhibition Nitro Funny Car Driver running in the Texas and surrounding areas. It was a backup engine and never completely finalized. Lots of fun engineering to complete it. Lots of challenges as well. Only about 6 months behind at this point. lol

This sounds like it could be fun!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
-Rear is getting narrowed 1" on both sides
-New bearings (spool, pinion, axles)
-New ring and pinion
-Sending rear shocks out to be rebuilt
-New rod ends for steering
-Front end alignment
-Seat belts
------------------------------

Wish list:

-New quarters and tail light panel
-Fresh coat of Krylon Ultra Flat Black
-Put my larger SBC in it

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
New rear wheels, new input shaft(to rteplace broken one) cutting pistons so we can put cam where it needs to be.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post