DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    SLE on 3rd gen with cable
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SLE on 3rd gen with cable
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Anyone have a way to use a starting line enhancer on a 3rd gen camaro with a factory throttle cable? Don’t know if someone makes a bolt in kit to convert to a rod or a bracket that will allow an enhancer?

Posts: 216 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Scotty, going to have to convert to a rod. There is a company that makes a kit for 1st gens, that could be modified to work.

I used my OEM gas pedal rod and welded an offset to it to use a rod that I got from McAmis part #1223K, without losing the cable connection if I ever want to go back.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Another way to skin that cat is to mount the carb "backward" and use a morse cable. Weld a tab on the factory pedal, sent the morse cable through the firewall at the OE location, build a mount for the morse cable at the firewall, then use a dragster type mounting bracket at the carb. I have done this with several builds. I like how it gives more room for the SLC cylinder.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1834 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
but you end up with a big looping cable in front of the engine like this...

it obviously works but I don't like the look.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I’ll have to make something up to make it work. Or the other option is to use a 3 step with the first hooked to the SLE, and than the 2 step on the third, any opinions on that?

Ed, thankfully my car has a throttle rod and will be getting a SLE this year, this set up in talking about is for John maggulli’s new ride. Was hoping with so many of these cars out there someone had made a bolt on kit or had something easy to make it work

Posts: 216 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Lamplighter backward carb,

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1834 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post