DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    If Your Sponsor Gave You $300,000
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If Your Sponsor Gave You $300,000
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted
for a new towing operation.

Question:
What would you choose?

Choices:
Dually and a Living Quarters Trailer
Toter Home and a 5th Wheel Trailer
Toter Home and a Stacker Trailer

Posts: 2111 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Number 4 choice......go to Vegas......lol

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Having driven all of them I’d opt for Toter and short stacker. Heavy requires brakes and the Toter with three axle stacker has them. They all go like he!! But don’t whoa well!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4508 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
$300K would only be good for a down payment on a nice Toter and stacker

Posts: 2433 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
It would depend on what your racing....1 car...2 cars.....

300 aint gonna buy a toter and a stacker...unless they are used....

One friend I raced with had a great rig....
One dragster....Freightliner or Pete (can't recall) gooseneck style with a living quarters and a single car trailer...

That was a great setup for One person and one car.....could have hauled 2 cars with a dragster lift...

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I would go with the dually and living quarters trailer. In fact I am remodeling a 44 foot gooseneck trailer but the living quarters is not going to be typical. Will have a shower, bed but not a complete bathroom or kitchen. I am just building it so I can take a shower and sleep comfortably and stay cool at track. I am keeping the shop space in trailer large as possible.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4026 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I would have to ask her "Where the h*ll have you been hiding that much money and why haven't you invested it in something to help us out during our retirements?" Eek Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1234 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
I would have to ask her "Where the h*ll have you been hiding that much money and why haven't you invested it in something to help us out during our retirements?" Eek Take care. Tom Worthington

LIKE!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4508 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I have a short toter with long gooseneck trailer, and it’s awesome. Tows like a dream, as fast as I want to go, gets pretty good mileage, and I can haul two door cars and a dragster.

But I’d kill for a real mattress bed. Gimme that full toter with a stacker.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3162 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
$300 ?

My choice would be a 747, I'd be on the first flight to Costa Rica.

Bob

Posts: 3085 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I would go toter nwith stacker. The sponsor gave you money for nice rig.I would buy a used nice piece and give the sponsor a show for his money spent. Buy the nicest looking piece you can w/o dipping into pocket. He may just pop more cash into yourhand.

Side question would be is it the extra good kind of money? If so you can buy nicer because no hold back for later cost.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4193 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of excessive braker
posted Hide Post
For me I think I would roll with the dually and living quarters trailer. You could buy the complete operation(no monthly payments) and still have some $$$$ left over for traveling.

Posts: 71 | Location: Sliding at the cones | Registered: May 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
For me I think I would roll with the dually and living quarters trailer. You could buy the complete operation(no monthly payments) and still have some $$$$ left over for traveling.

X2

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
IMO not giving sponsors what they expect is the quickest way to lose them. JMO and what I have observed over the years. There is a reason guys like Force, Bernstein, and other have decade long sponsorships.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4193 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:
quote:

X2

X3

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Matrix
posted Hide Post
Being a tractor trailer driver I'd pick the toter and fifth wheel any day

Daryl Pinder

Dynasty Motorsports
www.dynastymotorsports.com

Posts: 456 | Location: Ft. Washington, MD USA | Registered: March 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by excessive braker:

The way the Future of Racing looks right now I could not see putting any more cash into it than you can afford to throw away and I am not financing ANYTHING.

I am currently remodeling a trailer and simply not putting any more money into it than I can afford to throw away. I also have the added issue than many others share is that I am older and do not know how much longer I will be racing. So from now on everything I do racing related is rather low cost and paid cash in full or I do not need it.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4026 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Pickup truck with open trailer and friend with a motorhome. lol

Posts: 4 | Location: Houma,La. | Registered: January 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
Having had a living quarter trailer id say go with a Totor and stacker.
Pros to living quarter trailer is unhook and go anywhere you want in the truck
Cons are no room in them. Making the bed is a pain and water tanks are to small.
I bought my 07 28’ Hallmark with M2 chassis used with 78,000 miles and a new 32’ Bravo and have less than 150k in both. Id never go back to a living quarter trailer

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Who the hells sponsor giving um 300k…

Posts: 1259 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post