Bracket Talk
How a Starting Line Should Look!

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/75460652/m/1757096286

February 19, 2019, 08:57 PM
DragRaceResults
How a Starting Line Should Look!
With the race season upon us and Big Bucks and Bragging Rights on the table, racers can only hope the playing field looks just like this!

Jeff Foster is a student of timing equipment and race track preparation. Track Operators and Promoters take note.

drag strip starting line

www.dragraceresults.com
February 19, 2019, 09:46 PM
BP758
Smooth and Teeth! Had a Great conversation with Jeff after the last race. Thanked him for a superb safe track.

Raceless in California!
February 19, 2019, 09:53 PM
ferndaleflyer
Might try some light on the tree---just saying
February 20, 2019, 08:23 AM
SlyFox
where's the 75 people required to help the cars stage?

Mike
February 20, 2019, 08:52 AM
TOP38
Not a big fan of that starting line/track. Way to shiny! I have never ran on a track like that that was better than one that looks like flat black paint! Too much glue is not a good thing IMO. VMP looked just like this at the last PDRA race. Got down it fine but not as tight as when it's prepped and a flat black grow is generated.
February 20, 2019, 09:16 AM
Mike MacBrair
It depends on the class of cars running. For my SST car or bracket dragster this is great. For the TD not so great. The TD needs wheel speed and when they consistently change the track with glue it is almost impossible to predict.

It's not what you've got, it's what you give, it's not the life you choose, it's the life you live.
February 20, 2019, 10:20 AM
Bucky
As long as it looks the same as it did last pass, generally I am happy. I have only seen our local track look like a giant sh1t show one time. When my small block dragster does a fuel looking burnout at 10', something is obviously wrong. Everybody said don't even try it. That was the only time I couldn't get down a track.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
February 20, 2019, 06:02 PM
Im with TOP38 on this topic I like a clean flat black look my experience on a wet look wasn't that great but hey Id give it a shot
February 20, 2019, 06:28 PM
BP758
It hasn't been drug yet...

Raceless in California!
February 20, 2019, 08:50 PM
WHOMPWHOMP
You can have it I’ll take our locally owned gotta make living tracks around here any day....
February 21, 2019, 12:06 PM
Al Alguire
Radial prep, not usually the hot ticket for cars with steam rollers Smile

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero
February 21, 2019, 02:37 PM
fuzzy dice
I am very fortunate...my local track is Orlando where Wade Rich does the prep...nuff' said about that...
February 21, 2019, 03:30 PM
TOP38
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
It hasn't been drug yet...

Nope! That how it looked...
February 21, 2019, 05:13 PM
adv ET 266
Gear ripping surface right there. Good to see a track not afraid to bust their glue budget.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

February 22, 2019, 09:02 AM
Brktracer
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Might try some light on the tree---just saying

X2!

Matt Ward

February 22, 2019, 10:57 AM
Al Alguire
Looks typical for SCSN at LVMS

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero
February 26, 2019, 10:50 AM
MasRacing
quote:
Not a big fan of that starting line/track. Way to shiny! I have never ran on a track like that that was better than one that looks like flat black paint! Too much glue is not a good thing IMO. VMP looked just like this at the last PDRA race. Got down it fine but not as tight as when it's prepped and a flat black grow is generated.

This is something I have kind of always wondered about but never asked. Why some tracks have that shiny look and others don't. You really never see a national event where a track looks that way. There is a certain track in the northeast that always looks that way and I never understood why. I have never personally had an issue there just never understood the look.

Does it have to do with the amount of glue? type of glue? put down.

B.J. Masiello
February 26, 2019, 12:52 PM
Grandma / Gpa
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
where's the 75 people required to help the cars stage?

Twenty Bucks a Head.

Gpa
February 26, 2019, 02:52 PM
BP758
quote:
Originally posted by MasRacing:
quote:

This is something I have kind of always wondered about but never asked. Why some tracks have that shiny look and others don't. You really never see a national event where a track looks that way. There is a certain track in the northeast that always looks that way and I never understood why. I have never personally had an issue there just never understood the look.

Does it have to do with the amount of glue? type of glue? put down.

Mas.. they drag it with a row of slicks on a tractor. Very cool setup. Before it was a scraper bucket and pieces of slick cut into strips and that too worked well. . Really makes the track stick. Big events prep for wheel speed, smaller events prep for dead hook or very close to it. Mix is approx 60/40..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!