New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nhra pro tree
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If it brings more racers in then I am all for it regardless of who is winning. It won't change who is at the top but I didn't realize you had to be world champ or just stay home.

I refuse to blow up a good no box car to go race a half dozen 6.50 index races a year with a .400 tree. Yes I can buy a pro brake but I already use a long throw button to go green on .500 tree. Consequently you had two sub 6.50 cars in the last 7.50 index final I was in at the Snowbirds.

Hopefully that change is next...

Posts: 89 | Location: Inverness, Fl | Registered: November 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
It isn't that big of a difference here in SGMP. I added 15 - 20 and it was about right.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1381 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of The Hawk
posted Hide Post
Guess that means I`ll have to put delay in and can still leave at 3K on a .500 pro tree. If I head to a track below 5800`, more delay!

lane weber

perfecting a better mousetrap

Posts: 158 | Location: Littleton, Colorado | Registered: November 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I don’t see an significant increase of racers in any of these classes due to this change and the few additions will be in S/ST

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
When it comes to cars that can run the number but not hit the tree, Super Gas is the class. I don’t see a lot of new cars coming out, but it should tighten up the competition a bit.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3155 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NortonRacing:
If it brings more racers in then I am all for it regardless of who is winning. It won't change who is at the top but I didn't realize you had to be world champ or just stay home.

I refuse to blow up a good no box car to go race a half dozen 6.50 index races a year with a .400 tree. Yes I can buy a pro brake but I already use a long throw button to go green on .500 tree. Consequently you had two sub 6.50 cars in the last 7.50 index final I was in at the Snowbirds.

It's .370 at Bradenton, and no it's not just a matter of a pro tree brake on a .370.

.370 complicates matters, ask the multitudes of above average local Super Pro racers who've tried it once, and once was enough.

Is it difficult? Yes, if you're know nothing, do nothing drag racing retard Ed. It's not something just anyone can do. Drag racing skills are required.

If you're a know nothing, do nothing you'll also petition for change to something softer any Tom Dyck or Harry can do, like 500 Pro Tree.

The experienced can make it happen on a 10 x 28 bias, doesn't even need to be a radial. Fact

quote:
Mike, I hope you can build engines/transmissions better than you can read.

Built my car to do one thing, go rounds in no box/box and nothing else. Half dozen races a year isn't worth spending a dime on to me, nor is screwing up my no box spot. I've gone red on a .370 tree, you act like that's a challenge, you want a cookie?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post

Built my car to do one thing, go rounds in no box/box and nothing else. Half dozen races a year isn't worth spending a dime on to me, nor is screwing up my no box spot. I've gone red on a .370 tree, you act like that's a challenge, you want a cookie?

Posts: 89 | Location: Inverness, Fl | Registered: November 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
NHRA wants more cars at Divisional events so they can keep charging the host tracks $17-20,000 to host the race. They need more cars so the tracks can make a profit. Maybe....just a thought here: If they paid more they would get more cars. Contingency is about dead, cars are $75-$100K and the winner still gets what, $1500?? Don't say it; It's about MORE than the money, it's the Wally. I know, I have some Wallys and an Ironman on the shelf, they cost A LOT to earn, and not the ones for a bracket race.

To each his own, that is why drag racing seems to survive. I don't think changing the tree will add any noticeable amount of cars to the event but a few more guys will redlight, now that they actually can.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
NHRA Class Racing is and has been about the Walley, NOT $. The NHRA knows that and so do the competitors that chose to compete at these events. It is what it is!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
With basic car building and maintenance expenses that is probably why the LODRS car counts are dropping. Same basic story at most bracket tracks. Looks like a chance to win a little more $$ , if it's your day and you are prepared to go the rounds, is why the big turnouts are common at a lot of Big Buck events *I call any race paying $5000 a Big Bucks Race (remember, I am an Old Guy!).
Freedom of Choice- something racers still have while a lot of Americans do not.
We are blessed and lucky to have chosen this sport.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's .370 at Bradenton, and no it's not just a matter of a pro tree brake on a .370.

.370 complicates matters, ask the multitudes of above average local Super Pro racers who've tried it once, and once was enough.

Is it difficult? Yes, if you're know nothing, do nothing drag racing retard Ed. It's not something just anyone can do. Drag racing skills are required.

If you're a know nothing, do nothing you'll also petition for change to something softer any Tom Dyck or Harry can do, like 500 Pro Tree.

The experienced can make it happen on a 10 x 28 bias, doesn't even need to be a radial. Fact

quote:

I read fine, to too good in fact depending if the subject bores me.

I got news for ya according to your posts which are contradicting. You didn't build your truck for one purpose, to go rounds in box and no box.

You built it to go rounds in any class it'll fit, this is why you want change in 6.50 index to a weak 500 pro tree, from a strong 370 pro tree.

I'll bet ya any amount of money you can't go consistent 001 or 002 red staged shallow at Bradenton, in your truck.

Going red consistently in a dragster, is nothing to jump up an down about.

Going double 0's back to back on a 10 x 28 bias at 3200 lbs staged shallow, nobody else has ever done it.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
retard can't remember all his lies Laughing very hard now his POS is on a 10 x 28 after telling us just a few months ago and in nearly everyone of his posts since he landed here 3 years ago...

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
The Ripper is on a 8.5" x 26 M/T bias tire

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That must mean it was on a 10 x 28 in 2017.

Eh?

3200 lbs on a 10 x 28 bias. Show us another back to back 007 staged shallow on a 370 pro tree.

Drag racing skills built in house.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
This is one of the dumbest threads I've ever been bored by. If you can't cut the .370 tree a .400 tree isn't going to be much different. It just means your a crummy leaver or your junk is not up to the task.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maliciousintent:
This is one of the dumbest threads I've ever been bored by. If you can't cut the .370 tree a .400 tree isn't going to be much different. It just means your a crummy leaver or your junk is not up to the task.

For the Super racers, Super Gas, Super Comp, It's not about cutting it.

It's about having 030 in the box vs 000 in the box.

If you don't know this reading this thread, yeah I can see it being stupid.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
You built it to go rounds in any class it'll fit, this is why you want change in 6.50 index to a weak 500 pro tree, from a strong 370 pro tree.

Not really Mike, I just like racing and have fun racing other classes. There are few weekends where my truck is not triple entered at Bradenton. Racing 6.50 and 7.50 index is just another way to win rounds if there is no bracket racing.

By the way that. 007 won't save you running 13 over the index....

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Not really Mike, I just like racing and have fun racing other classes. There are few weekends where my truck is not triple entered at Bradenton. Racing 6.50 and 7.50 index is just another way to win rounds if there is no bracket racing.

By the way that. 007 won't save you running 13 over the index....

I'm a little surprised you're struggling to comprehend, as long as ya'll been around Norton.

I'm only holding three tenths.

Take less stripe than you win the tree by, your win light comes on 100% of the time.

They knew I would single handedly dismantle 6.50 index at Bradenton.

Why do you think they made it so obvious they were stealing money from me?

Because they knew I would never lose. Ever

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You can't lose if you have 3, 4, 5, 6 hundredths on everyone else, on the tree.

It don't matter how far over or under they are.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If your holding three tenths on me I guarantee your probably never going to win a round. I will knock the valve off the nitrous bottle and proceed to bend the brake pedal shortly after. Even I can go deep and let go red so your not getting me by .05 unless I screw up, which can happen to be fair. Knowing what your your opponent is doing before the tree fires is a huge advantage.

Your a good racer but sorry I don't see anyone dominating any bracket/index class right now in Flordia. You see consistency out of a small group of people but competition at Bradenton is stacked.

Maybe if we actually had more than 2 races a year in Flordia we might be able to test your theory.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5731 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post