DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    What was the split in the 1.1 Million?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What was the split in the 1.1 Million?
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
E just likes the attention. that's why he quotes Tim McAmis.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nothing is free.....

To get free entries, you’ll have to pay the house 50% of your winnings. Don’t forget the car owners cut of the 50% of what’s left.

It’s easy to gamble with house money (aka free entry and buybacks)

I just feel everyone entered and paying their hard earned money into these races should be racing on a level playing field. That goes for the drawings also.

Posts: 497 | Location: N/A | Registered: December 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Took longer than I figured for this to come up.Heck I was looking for it 15 seconds after final round.

I guess those who only made 20k or for week of racing where total damn idiot.Heck look what they could have made working for a living. Not to mention those who made 300 or 400k in one day.Yep got to be stupid to enter one of these races.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
The split what ever it is was agreed on by all so they are only ones whose opinion matters.

We can all be curious and want to know but we have no say so in it.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4007 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Took longer than I figured for this to come up.Heck I was looking for it 15 seconds after final round.

I guess those who only made 20k or for week of racing where total damn idiot.Heck look what they could have made working for a living. Not to mention those who made 300 or 400k in one day.Yep got to be stupid to enter one of these races.

Even for the top tier racers it is a gamble. The entire drag racing notion isn't exactly smart money, period! What 700 entries at over a grand entry plus buybacks for a swing at a big jackpot. If you enjoy the big money risk, then it's a hoot. I enjoy competing several times a month, and really can't justify in my mind that kind of travel, entry and time away from work for a chance at it. Just not my thing. Idiots? We in glass houses don't throw that stone. LOL.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6403 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I was pitted close to semi finalist and loaned him a fan to help cool car. He told me split. He also said finals they adjusted the split to what I posted. Lots of money. The way they ran the races was genius never to late and got all of them done.

Jeff McClure

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smokinjeff:
The way they ran the races was genius never to late and got all of them done.

X2

Posts: 2457 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
he ran it like an NHRA Divisional

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WILDMAN:
just a rumor

100k x2
40kx2
20kx4
12.5kx9

fact semies paid 100k

I don't know all the numbers, but I just built a new car for the door car runner up, and these numbers match up with what he said.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Wildman
posted Hide Post
it's wrong cause there was a different deal made in the final, er as rumour has it. Either way its pretty close and real cool for the 19 that made the split.

I think the most interesting part would be to know how many house cars made the split........

Posts: 109 | Location: at a dragstrip near you | Registered: April 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Seems like a few years ago at the million they had videos of the split negotiations on youtube as soon as they could post them. Heck they may have even been live streaming them. I didn't watch that one live but i did look through the videos of the split talks a few days later. I wonder if possibly they prohibited that from happening in this case for one reason or another? IE no cell phones allowed around the split negotiations. Just seems different than the previous million split talks and what not.

Definitely a cool race to win regardless of the split if you made it to the money rounds you at least hung around long enough to have some fun. Congrats to those who cashed and those who didn't, at least you got to race in it.

Posts: 373 | Location: Pride, La | Registered: April 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Hell regardless its more than I have made past 7 months on this house from hell we screwed up taking job of.

Hey I commend all that made the race and hats off to those who just made more than a lot of folks working for the year. Always heard if you enjoy the work its not really work.Winning at dragstrip and making butt load is just cool.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What divisional run one round on Monday then starts new race on Tuesday runs one round of new race. Then runs 2nd round of Monday’s first race. Wednesday completes Tuesday's 2nd race Thursday run one round of 3rd race then 3rd round of Monday’s race. Friday one round of million then 4th round to completion of 20k Monday’s race. Saturday 2nd round till competition of million. Then Sunday run 2 nd round of Thursday 100k race til completion.

Jeff McClure

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I know I’m not going to win this one like I didn’t win this last weekend. HaHa

Jeff McClure

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We were in the staging lanes for the split. We could have easily gotten close enough to hear the numbers but chose not too. It was more about the experience and seeing the excitement for us.

We had our first big money split in the 20k warmup final not nearly as exciting as the 1.1 but we left us131 pretty happy.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Matrix
posted Hide Post
Read about the split here

http://www.competitionplus.com...-richest-race-winner

Daryl Pinder

Dynasty Motorsports
www.dynastymotorsports.com

Posts: 456 | Location: Ft. Washington, MD USA | Registered: March 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What the split was, I think is nobodies business unless you are part of it!!! I think it is a rude question to ask! Just like how much a hour/year do you make or how much did that cost. I bet all the people asking will not be in the position to truly know, by not entering or being in the split. That is just the way I was brought up!!!

Posts: 44 | Location: East L.A. , CA | Registered: July 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gasman:
What the split was, I think is nobodies business unless you are part of it!!! I think it is a rude question to ask! Just like how much a hour/year do you make or how much did that cost. I bet all the people asking will not be in the position to truly know, by not entering or being in the split. That is just the way I was brought up!!!

You have a point,but the real point is that he did not win $1.1 million.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
maybe in the high profile races in the future they should take the parties involved into the tower and hash out negotiations in a private setting. then if split numbers get out it could have only been one of the involved parties that leaked the information.

ep-either way quite a few people got paid and good for them.

Posts: 763 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gasman:

Nobody is forcing the involved parties to answer. Anybody who isn't curious isn't breathing IMO.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6403 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post