DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Don't look now Bubba,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don't look now Bubba,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
If you don't think someone tied a noose knot in a garage rope pull in AL you're pretty naive.

So a rope with a loop in it for a hand hold is now a noose. I'd say you're pretty naive. A noose is tied to slip and strangle. Wouldn't be a good idea on a garage door around someones wrist.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
from 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...3nbA80bl5zjaHhMLQ6pk

From the UTube video it looks like every door has the same knot. I’m (knot) an expert but they look the same ??

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
From their claims, it was a non-functional noose. Therefore it was NOT a noose at all.

Definition of noose (Entry 1 of 2)
1: a loop with a slipknot that binds closer the more it is drawn
2: something that snares like a noose

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
B.A.S.S. Pro Bass fishing bans knots in solidarity with Bubba Wallace

Smile

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
I've used that "Bimini Twist Knot" on every fish hook I ever tied to my line.

I actually like Bubba, but is his messaging here not a little inconsistent? In one breath he's all big and brave and spouting "none of these people are going to intimidate or stop me" and then in the next breath he's totally flipped out and glad the FBI got involved over a piece of CORD (doesn't even look like rope to me) fashioned into a common knot on a garage door pull? I mean, which is it - you're intimidated, or you're not?

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Bubba and the Pettys would have served themselves well if they would have stuck to racing and left politics to those who swim in that slop. Are they forgetting their fan base and where NASCAR started? Come on man!

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
They opened up a whole case of cans of worms when they ran the Black Lives Matter car. Brought racism and politics into the racing circle.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
but it gets a team that to my knowledge (which is limited in nascar) Has not done a thing a lot of coverage.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
They opened up a whole case of cans of worms when they ran the Black Lives Matter car. Brought racism and politics into the racing circle.

I sure hope they like their new fanbase. This sure ain't the same NASCAR that Junior Johnson helped build when he got them the Winston sponsorship that allowed them to become a mainstream sports organization.

In one way I sure would like to hear Junior's take on the new NASCAR but on the other hand I am glad he and some of the other greats that helped make the sport what it once was aren't around to see what has happened to it.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Funny how a sport built by rednecks,made popular and very profitable by rednecks is trying it best to insult them with no investigation into what really happened.

Hell never cared much about Nascar and even less since the guys like Eanhardt,Yarborough,Bobby Allison and yes Junior Johnson are not part of it.

I live about 30 miles from Petty's and know a lot about his earlier days from old guys who where there,Not biggest surprise in the world with his team being part of something like this.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
These guys must only have garage doors with electric openers.
Everywhere I ever worked with pull down doors, the rope had a loop so we could hang it up and not have it dragging on the floor and getting all FKed up

I must be getting too old...

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hotrod Corvette:
These guys must only have garage doors with electric openers.
Everywhere I ever worked with pull down doors, the rope had a loop so we could hang it up and not have it dragging on the floor and getting all FKed up

I must be getting too old...

I work in project management and manage a Maintenance department. We usually put openers on everything to avoid the damage that careless people do to doors. Also prevents careless people from injuring themselves opening and closing doors. I do have three of my garage doors at home that are manual.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6401 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You watch that video someone posted at the start of this thread and nearly every door has a rope with a knot hanging at the left side of the door.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Does anyone believe that at least one crew member has not pulled one of those ropes more than once to close the door?

When you can't win a race while being only car on track.You come up with another way to get coverage for your sponsor. Wonder how much money Petty paid to run BLM decals on car?

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
We have all seen garage door pull cords, the difference is that we never tried to draw a ridiculous comparison to a hang mans rope/noose. Someone in his crew has an agenda, either WAY too sensitive or trying to create a narrative. I doubt that Bubba knows how to handle this, and it's only going to get worse with the Media driving the narrative.

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mark my words.

Bubba Wallace will win a Nascar race this year.

Nascar will order the other competitors to run out of gas or crash in order to make it happen.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
If Bubba don't keep his mouth shut and quit stepping on his **** he is going to be out of a job.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Anybody else wonder why he does not find his name offensive? Bubba? Now if that don't sound racist. Everybody got to have a token now days.

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
There is no integrity in nascrap . The token black guy will win just like Petty did in his last race ...on a fix .

Posts: 1238 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post