DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    What's the procedure?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's the procedure?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted
I saw a lug nut laying on the pavement the other day and it reminded me of several instances where a lug nut was found on the track or in the staging lanes, and we shut the track down until we found out where it came from. Any important parts found resulted in action. Sometimes just an announcement like "everyone check for that 3/8 inch by 3 inch fine thread bolt missing on your car" or something.

Anyway, what happens at your local track?

Are you confident that regular track / facility inspections are performed?

Just random thoughts.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
At PBIR, not a d-a-m-n thing.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
X2

Posts: 1259 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Not here in southwest that I ever heard of!

Laughing Hard

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Dragstrip?? What's a Dragstrip? I live in Southern Cal....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
Dragstrip?? What's a Dragstrip? I live in Southern Cal....

Keep complying, it'll get worse.

Maybe the canadian truck drivers can save your freedom.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
The only official procedure I have ever seen at any track I have ever been to is that the starter or water box guys either kicks it away or throws it over the wall onto the grass.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 630 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
this^^^

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Huh.
Well, we did get called Tech Nazis a time or two.

Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
I've walked on many tracks early in the morning and found bolts, nuts, belts and tools.

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I've walked on our local 1/8th mile track hundreds of times prior to an event and rarely found any junk (hardware) on the ground.

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I've stopped at the time slip booth and told them there is something on the track. Next pass I made it was still there. I've seen them turn another pair loose with a car broke and on the track and you're worried about a lug nut?

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I watched a racer at Chicago hit a starter in the shut down destroyed a front wheel and one side header. He bowered a wheel and a up swept header so one side down one side up and he won the race in super comp.

Posts: 120 | Location: Indiana | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
I've stopped at the time slip booth and told them there is something on the track. Next pass I made it was still there. I've seen them turn another pair loose with a car broke and on the track and you're worried about a lug nut?

As track staff, we "worried" about everything on the grounds.
I'd say that because of that, there were no incidents like yours at our facility in the 10 years I was there.

Dave Cook
N375