New
Find
Notify
Tools

B King ?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Bryan, when you went to Irwindale were you able to make the 1st turnoff at the end? Or did you have to go all the way around to get back to the pits?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
No way was the 1st turn off going to work, not even close.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2545 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well, that settles that....No way can I drive the dragster all the way around the outside of the Oval track to get back to the pits..

Thanks Bryan....cya in Tucson..hopefully the rain there is gone by then..

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
parachute?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have no chute on the car, yet.

I was only hitting 119 mph, it's only a 1/8 mile track. The 1st turn off is approximately 500' & only the slow vehicles use it. I don't know how effective the chute would be?

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2545 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Dave;

You are NOT making the first turn off with your car. From that second turn off back to the pits is a L O N G , drive. Good News: You will have a large mostly vacant area to re-pack the laundry.

Been there, done that.

Answer:
Plan on using a Golf Cart or some sort of tow vehicle.

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Only way you make that first turn off is if you are broke....Or REALLY slow. We race there regularly in a door car that runs 4.9-5.0 and have for a few years. I would NEVER consider running a dragster there as bumpy as the place is on track and in the pits.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Here is one video from last weekend. You can hear the bumps in the right lane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HajX4RuhDPI

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well, if I ever need to do some 60' testing thats the track for me...lol

Dave

F J B

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I was there over the weekend for the power tour and even in my slow car I was not impressed.

I'm not in a bad mood, I just look that way.........

Posts: 990 | Location: Kingman, Arizona | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
check your PM

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I sent you a text, you have my cell number now.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436