DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Moroso 5-Day Bracket Championships
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moroso 5-Day Bracket Championships
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
"This week marks what may be the end of an era in southern Florida drag racing. The bracket racing faithful will be traveling to Palm Beach International Raceway for what may be just be the last Five-Day Bracket Championships formally known as the Moroso 5-Day Bracket Championships. As I’ve missed a number of races this year, I’m not there in person but rather in spirit."

Read more at: https://dragracingactiononline...acket-championships/

Posts: 154 | Location: Beaver Springs, PA | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Lot of info circulating about it possibly being the last. Wish I could have made it.

BUT... also heard some info a few weeks ago about a couple major investors from the racing world making an offer to keep it a track. If this works out it would be HUGE.

Posts: 2112 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Sale was completed to the Portman Companies, a well-known Atlanta developer. The track is good as gone.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
I tagged along with some friends to that race back about 1990, IIRC. man, that was a race !

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
uhg... hate to hear that. I had heard it just 2 weeks ago in adel.

Posts: 2112 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Well - apparently there is still about a 1 in 1,000 chance...

https://www.wptv.com/sports/gr...nternational-raceway

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
Sale was completed to the Portman Companies, a well-known Atlanta developer. The track is good as gone.

Portman.
Sale is contingent upon a rezoning by PBC commissioners.
Slim glimmer of hope still.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, the commission must have a good reason to deny a rezoning...if they deny for any reason which is arbitrary, capricious or unreasonable, the denial will be be overturned in court...I know this because I have been denied and reversed that decision in court on a shopping center I was going to develop....I also served as chairman of a planning and zoning commission in a city of 100,000 and had our zoning decision reversed by the courts a couple of times...I hate it but it does not look good for the track...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
This race only survived because of the legacy. Owner/promoter never tried to keep it current with all other big bracket races, which is ironic considering it was the start of $$ races.
2021 winner $10,000 RU $1,500
It’s no wonder the car count was missing so many past regulars.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of doglover44
posted Hide Post
Hope it has a good turnout

Jake

Posts: 4 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doglover44:
Hope it has a good turnout

It was an ok turnout considering there were the doorslammer nationals going on at Piedmont. Anyone traveling south would stop there instead of coming all the way down here.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately the weather sucked.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post