Find
Notify
Tools

Bobby Unser
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
3 time Indy winner Bobby Unser has passed at 87 years old today. RIP

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Saw that. Sad to hear. Just an amazing racer and family man.

Al Jr one of my favorites too!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Grew up hearing that name and watching him race. RIP

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I’ve listed to a few podcasts with Uncle Bobby telling old stories. He was something else. RIP.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
A really amazing Family, Bobby, Al and Jr.

Bobby won Indy three times, that in itself is an amazing feat. Some guys spend a lifetime trying to win and many have died trying.

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Between Al, Bobby and Al Junior they won Indy 9 times. Jerry Unser died at Indy during a time trial run. He served with my Father-in-Law in the Navy at Pearl Harbor during WW2.

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
We met Bobby at Indy PRI a few years ago..He toured around on a golf cart...Really a nice guy
Enjoyed meeting him and Talking "Indy" with him..
Great racing in that era....Before the Mega Money entered the fray.... Will have a better seat for the 500 this year....Looking down from
above....RIP..

Posts: 227 | Location: North Royalton Ohio US*** | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post