Hello!
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Hello Mike English!

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2556 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
What’s up Brother

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12289 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Getting ready for the LVMS Thanksgiving race(s). I won last year on Thanksgiving, hopefully get another win in this year. I do very well at this race.

Plan on going to Tucson for the Hangovers the end of Dec. It has been on my bucket list.

Hoping to make it out to Bakersfield next year & visit with you. My schedule is messed up next year for racing. I have about 2 months of body work that needs done on the car; plus, paint afterwards.

Just wanted to say hello, it sure has been pretty quiet around here.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2556 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Damn it Bryan....Now you're going to Tucson?? I had 99% talked myself out of going....I even canceled my rooms.
If you're for sure going, I'll get back on track to go also. Trying to find someone to tag along to help with the 9-hour tow...or at least keep me awake lol

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4471 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Dave,

I'm making my decision on Tuscon during the Thanksgiving race.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
Dave,

I'm making my decision on Tuscon during the Thanksgiving race.

2BKING
Relaxing

Oh OK....Then I'm back to 50/50 on going also. I/we have a month and a half before the race so no time pressure....I did an "in frame" ring, bearings and touch-up valve job and checked springs while the heads were off...Also went to .010 thicker head gaskets so the pistons aren't tapping the head anymore.
One possibly major thing I still have to address is when my trans finally went out afte 11-12 years the band, drum and clutches were smoked badly...there is a recent post/conversation going on right now about Sonnex servos...If I don't have to take the trans apart in put one in I'd to do that....But the end of the servo in the photos appears to have a fork that hooks to the band so I'm kinda assuming I would at least have to drop the pan....Unfortunately, this chassis has a couple of strengthening supports running right under the trans pan....I'd have to pull the trans to drop the pan. Super Angry

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4471 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Love to have a little get together with both of you next year

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12289 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike English:
Love to have a little get together with both of you next year

Hope to find time to come out racing/socializing next year with you all!

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436