DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Mid-Atlantic FOOTBRAKE Showdown cancelled
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mid-Atlantic FOOTBRAKE Showdown cancelled
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted
It is with great disappointment that I share this news. I received a call this morning. Due to issues with management, staffing and disrepair of equipment necessary to operate, the Mid-Atlantic Footbrake Showdown at Motor Mile has been cancelled. I am attempting to find another date and location in order to give Footbrakers the event they deserve. That will not be an easy task with tracks having established schedules already, but I am already on it and will do everything I can for the racers and sponsors alike.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5736 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
has that track ever operated without issues?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
Yes, obviously. Kevin Pollard's Money Tree races there were great, and the track had their own 10K prior to those, also a great race. Unfortunately, things have changed.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5736 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
if you say so, but all I've ever read here about that track is how piss poor it's managed, how they killed their bracket program and how often it is closed and yes I've raced there many years at their $10K footbrake race.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ed is right. Owners could care less about the drag strip, only the circle track. I to attended the $10k race that they almost fired the track manager, Steve Groseclose, over. Even though the race was a huge success. Then Kevin Pollard also had a good deal going there that I attended and the owners doubled the rent on the track so he went to Elk Creek for one race. Its a good track in a good location but for the owners its become a good tax write off.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ferndaleflyer,

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post