DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Trans. Sheild SFI recertify
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Trans. Sheild SFI recertify
 Login/Join
 
DRR Sportsman
posted
Well I called CSR Performance yesterday to try and get my Trans. shield re-certified again and was told they only do it 1 time and I would need to purchase a new one. I guess it was good while it lasted but now I have a carbon shield to add to my junk pile.
 
Posts: 293 | Location: New Milford, CT USA | Registered: December 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
You aren't alone. Friend of mine same issue.
Right into the dumpster it went. Never again.I looked at it after he did the install. Premium hack job to get it to fit his glide. lol I asked him WTH... Looks like a brutal beating and put away WET.He wasn't too amused lol for 450.00 plus.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,
 
Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
1. they were always a shyt company.

2. unless you are racing NHRA sportsman class on the divisional level no one is crawling under your car and checking.
 
Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
WOW Joe.
That sux.

I guess they need the $$$.
I've sent back my shields and flywheels for recerts MANY times.
I guess things have changed.
Maybe just bite the bullet and go with another companies trans and shield.
I tried the carbon shields on my Nova (chassis car), there wasn't much of it left by the time I got it to fit.
Frown


Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA
 
Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I used to have one one my car years ago and it fit nicely but have since change to Reid case. An aftermarket case is the way to go in my opinion and never look back.
 
Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^This!


Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......
 
Posts: 5302 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
I used to have one one my car years ago and it fit nicely but have since change to Reid case. An aftermarket case is the way to go in my opinion and never look back.


Yep I sold my last one for 550 I think if I remember right, worked fine just wanted a new one


J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi
 
Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
I used to have one one my car years ago and it fit nicely but have since change to Reid case. An aftermarket case is the way to go in my opinion and never look back.


Yep I sold my last one for 550 I think if I remember right, worked fine just wanted a new one



Except they have to be re-certed also correct?


.
Dave



F J B

 
Posts: 4458 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Yes they need to be recertified but they can be done more than once.
 
Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
Yes they need to be recertified but they can be done more than once.


Oh, I can see the merit in that. I would guess the housings offer better protection also (?)


.
Dave



F J B

 
Posts: 4458 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Before I went to a Reid case in my Nova, I used the same TCI aluminum shield for at least 20 years. Never worried about anyone checking it.

I do make sure the Reid case certs are current on both cars.


Tony Leonard
 
Posts: 3153 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
I used to have one one my car years ago and it fit nicely but have since change to Reid case. An aftermarket case is the way to go in my opinion and never look back.


Yep I sold my last one for 550 I think if I remember right, worked fine just wanted a new one



Except they have to be re-certed also correct?


That was easy the way i did it


J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi
 
Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the only recert once rule is SFI rule or a CSR rule? I can see CSR doing this so they can sell more shields.
 
Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
I wonder if the only recert once rule is SFI rule or a CSR rule? I can see CSR doing this so they can sell more shields.


CSR only sells when they are up to date on their Chinese shipping container. Otherwise, they don't answer the phone, are currently out of stock, or you're not entitled to a re-cert or repair.



ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Got tired of the BS on the cert with the ATI case.
Case has liner too. I just run the external 2 piece. Done.... Ya if there is a problem, I'll do a bench job. Allison 295 FTW....
 
Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Trans. Sheild SFI recertify

© DragRaceResults.com 2024