DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Team PRP on the bracket finals win, and to Joe Tharp Jr winning the Street class in the main event, and in the Summit SuperSeries, Brandon Butler in the junior dragster, and Mark Brewer in Box. Tom Scott (Box) and Matt Powell (Bike) won Thursday gamblers, Joe Tharp Jr (No Box) and Tyler Pennington (junior dragster) won Friday night gamblers, with Bob Brehm runner up in Box by .000x, and Josh Rietscha (Box) and AJ Casper (No Box) won Saturday night gamblers.

Results from IHRA

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey Chuck...any idea to the run order for Saturday and Sunday?

I think I may try to double enter two classes if the run order lends itself to enough cool down time.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to recall what it was last year, coming up empty. I'll post if I can find out.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
is there any info on the GGG race yet?

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Jeff, I'll try to remember to shoot you an email tonight.

Thurs Oct 9 - test and tune
Fri Oct 10 - gates 9am, 64 car shootout to win a 2015 American dragster time trials at 11am. Gruesome Ghouls time trials start at 3pm.
Sat Oct 11 - gates 8am, time trials (2) 10am, elims follow. Trick or treat 8pm, costume contest too. Racing will stop, then restart once those are over.
Sun Oct 12 - Gates 8am, 1 time trial session, starts at 9am.

Box, No Box, Juniors, and Bikes all weekend. Bikes can also buy into No Box/Box. No Box and Box each pays $1000/$350, $100 semis, $15 rd money with 3rd rd win on Fri. Then $2000/$500, $150 semis, $25 rd money on both Sat and Sun.

There will be a FREE point series too, thanks to 93.3 The Wolf, Ironman trophy, and a runoff for a trip to Vegas.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
The dragster race is $225 preentry, contact Amber - amber@pittsburghracewaypark.com - to enter
$1000 runner up, $500 semis I think

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
thanks chuck, is it 1/8 th, 1000' or 1/4 mile?

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mike Carr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
I'm trying to recall what it was last year, coming up empty. I'll post if I can find out.

I think it was NB Gamblers, B Gamblers, S/SS, N/SS, Gassers then UMTR. Something like that.

Mike Carr
Tri-State Stock/Stock Association President
Retired Stock/bracket racer
Facebook/Twitter: buffdaddy1302

Posts: 59 | Location: Enon Valley PA | Registered: September 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
1/8th mile for GGG. Sent you email early this morning.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
It doesnt mater to me but to those that do, the flyer handed out last weekend said it was 1/4 mile??
Also the gruesome ghouls race on Friday at 3pm that Chuck spoke of is for juniors - right?

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I had that same flyer, Steve. It did say 1/4 mile, but it was incorrect.

Yes, the 3pm time trials on Friday are for all classes: box, no box, bikes, and juniors.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Ok so its 1/8 mile Smile

I kind of liked the 1000' stuff myself... ya know its kind of different, but I'm a first round duck anyway.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
thanks chuck,
cant wait to come play again.
maybe i can remember how to run the finish line this time. the vette is way different than driving a 9 sec camaro lol

DRR Trophy
Picture of Dale Greenawald
posted Hide Post
It is a shame that Quaker and Pittsburgh have their Halloween races the same weekend. I know other racers like me would like to race at both tracks. I know someone is going to say we had ours on the schedule first, but I really don't care about that. I think both tracks are shooting themselves in the foot on this one.

ICS RACING ENGINES

Posts: 82 | Location: Burgettstown,Pa. | Registered: March 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dale Greenawald:
It is a shame that Quaker and Pittsburgh have their Halloween races the same weekend. I know other racers like me would like to race at both tracks. I know someone is going to say we had ours on the schedule first, but I really don't care about that. I think both tracks are shooting themselves in the foot on this one.

x2...never understood that as well. I don't think either track realizes how many people are midway between the two, and could go to either one.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
I can say with 100% certainty that PRP had theirs listed on their website with 2014 dates before the 2013 GGG race was completed. It was easy to avoid that date on the schedule, which would have helped anyone that wanted to attend both.

That said, ours is a no brainer, with the points race off for the Ironman and Vegas vacation. Not to mention higher Friday payout AND dragster race!

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I will say this after the turnout Quaker had at their race last year I don't think they are complaining about attendance for their pumpkin race.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
A39, did you have fun this weekend? I remember seeing you make a lot of rounds.

I agree with you, Dale, but Mark is correct, 2 times.

GGG flyer is on the link.

http://www.pittsburghracewaypark.com/GGG.pdf

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Chuck

The vacation is a nice bonus for the points run off. The dragster race is a nice addition but I believe it was sold out locally before the flier even hit the internet.

Just wish the 2 tracks would get their **** together and stop with the pissing matches and make it work so everyone could enjoy both events.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Here is the issue as I see it. Thompson does their Fall Round Up the weekend after the bracket finals...September 27th and 28th. Quaker and PRP do their Halloween races October 10, 11, and 12. The Norwalk's Shakedown at the Summit is the weekend in between these two and Move in Day for the Classic is the weekend after these two races. There is no where to move either if you do not want to compete against either the Classic or the Shakedown. One might argue that competing against the Shakedown is better than the Classic, but which track is willing to do that? Doesn't matter who set the date first, Pittsburgh's numbers and Quaker's numbers would be higher on those races if they weren't on the same day, but where do you move them.

I remember when the GGG race was the same weekend as the classic because I used to go to it over the classic. But that has been several years ago.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post