Find
Notify
Tools

Blown alcohol A/F range?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted
As a "newbie", I was wondering what tuning range I should be looking at for good safe running.

We will be going on the dyno in a week or so to establish a baseline, but I like to get opinions on actual track parameter for my RacePak O2 sensors on alcohol.

Thanks...

DG

Posts: 415 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Anything in the 3s is safe. After that it matters if you have ntk or Bosch.

My blown LS wouldn’t run until 4.2 with NTKs. At 4.5 it was faster but it would lift a head at 4.6 or 4.7. That’s between 35-50 psi. With a bbc and less boost low 4s is probably ok but the plugs have the last say on anything I tune. If you chalk the second thread, youre in the danger zone.

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
I always record every run on the RacePak and review to see why the car did what it did or what happened.

O2 is just another tool.

We are baselining the engine on the dyno next weeked and will initially check the plugs every run to ensure safety and efficiency.

We don't usually check the plugs every run after getting consistent.
Usually, only if the TD slows down for some unknown reason or the numbers on the RacePak look odd.

Posts: 415 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I run 3.6’s with efi, with a carb 4.3-4.5 at 28 psi

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1518 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

We will be running the ProCharger with a carburetor.

Goes on the dyno for a baseline tune on Saturday!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Be careful with timing…

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1518 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
Starting on the dyno with 25 degrees lead.

Top Dragster is a fast bracket race and we will be happy with a consistent package that can run in the top half of the field in Div. 7.

Not looking for a 6.10 engine!