Find
Notify
Tools

It's been a good run, NHRA
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted
I am disappointed and fear this good be the end of TS/TD in NHRA competition. It took a mediocre 6.500 to get in TD and a 7.07 to get in TS at the freaking U.S. Nationals. What in the world happened to those classes and how does PDRA run a program that is so much better?? I mean they are getting 50+ cars in both classes and NHRA seldom has a full field at divisionals. And now the U.S. nationals is a joke. I can't imagine there's a huge difference in entry fee/payout between PDRA and NHRA. The only difference is 1/4 vs 1/8th and I don't think that's enough to make up the discrepancy. Sad. I always loved watching those two classes at divs and nats, but I have a feeling this might be one of the last years I'll be able to.

------------------------------------
Not Hot Rod, not Super Rod, not Quick Rod, but the one and only NimRod

Posts: 211 | Location: The Weeds | Registered: August 10, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
First of all PDRA pays much more and there is a 2nd half field if you don't make the top 16 (Elite TS or TD). The 2nd half field pays almost as much as the top 16. Both fields pay way more than the NHRA.

Then there is the "experience", which in my experience is head and shoulders above what you can expect at an NHRA event. I know some will debate this, but that was my experience.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
First of all PDRA pays much more and there is a 2nd half field if you don't make the top 16 (Elite TS or TD). The 2nd half field pays almost as much as the top 16. Both fields pay way more than the NHRA.

Then there is the "experience", which in my experience is head and shoulders above what you can expect at an NHRA event. I know some will debate this, but that was my experience.

First of all, why the fukk is your signature so long? my goodness nobody gives a **** you finished 5th in points 5 years ago.

Yeah, I know about the whole second 32 deal, and I think that's great. I didn't realize the pay was that much better, and I'm still not wquite willing to concede it is, you'll have to hit me with some real numbers other than "much more". I just find it shocking that can get enough cars to field a 48 car field while NHRA can't get 30 at most divisionals and fields that are full have a lack lust bump.

Posts: 211 | Location: The Weeds | Registered: August 10, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Didn't realize my signature would bother you so much. Sorry I upset you. Show me where the Internet hurt you. NahNahTounge

All the payouts are on PDRA's website if you are interested. Just a few clicks away. But since you don't have a car capable of TS or TD it's a moot point for you.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Didn't realize my signature would bother you so much. Sorry I upset you. Show me where the Internet hurt you. NahNahTounge

All the payouts are on PDRA's website if you are interested. Just a few clicks away. But since you don't have a car capable of TS or TD it's a moot point for you.

Says the guy who "retired" from T/D comp. Sounds like it's a moot point for you too, dirtforbrains. You probably were trash at it and/or ran out of money Mr. I-Finished-Fifth-Once. I change my mind, I'm glad you put your entire biography in your signature cause now I have plenty of stuff to make fun of you with.

90" Smart Car
599 cc
turbo three banger
automated manual transmission
Bone Stock
12.65@54 (1/8th mile)
2.54 60'

I once came fifth in a hotdog eating contest

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
BlahBlah

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
Does PDRA have contingency/sticker money?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nim Rod:
quote:

Says the guy who "retired" from T/D comp. Sounds like it's a moot point for you too, dirtforbrains. You probably were trash at it and/or ran out of money Mr. I-Finished-Fifth-Once. I change my mind, I'm glad you put your entire biography in your signature cause now I have plenty of stuff to make fun of you with.

90" Smart Car
599 cc
turbo three banger
automated manual transmission
Bone Stock
12.65@54 (1/8th mile)
2.54 60'

I once came fifth in a hotdog eating contest

Ed who?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
At least your signature is reasonable. Now can any of you nimrods answer my question?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
Not that difficult to go to the PDRA website to get your answers if you want them that bad. Wink

2BKING Big Grin

Bingo!

Actually, I just wanted another chance to show off my signature!!!

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Google is your friend; type in PDRA! Wink

2BKING Big Grin

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Not that difficult to go to the PDRA website to get your answers if you want them that bad. Wink

2BKING Big Grin

Bingo!

Bender you're quick, I went in to change my reply a little & you quoted me on the 1st one. Big Grin

2BKING: No work needed on my signature, I'm the King! Cool

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

2BKING Big Grin

Bingo!

Bender you're quick, I went in to change my reply a little & you quoted me on the 1st one. Big Grin

2BKING: No work needed on my signature, I'm the King! Cool

I was watching TV and decided to check up on the forum.

Not bad for a washed up TD racer, huh?

But you're still the King!

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

You did good Bender, go make another name for yourself with the Cutlass bracket racing.

I guess Nimbo got his answers to his questions with proper direction/referral from both of us!

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You did good Bender, go make another name for yourself with the Cutlass bracket racing.

I guess Nimbo got his answers to his questions with proper direction/referral from both of us!

2BKING
Relaxing

Thanks!

Should I add to my signature, I think it needs more........ HMMMM

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by "The Bender":

First of all, why the fukk is your signature so long? my goodness nobody gives a **** you finished 5th in points 5 years ago.

Yeah, I know about the whole second 32 deal, and I think that's great. I didn't realize the pay was that much better, and I'm still not wquite willing to concede it is, you'll have to hit me with some real numbers other than "much more". I just find it shocking that can get enough cars to field a 48 car field while NHRA can't get 30 at most divisionals and fields that are full have a lack lust bump.[/

He did answer your question and he is exactly correct. PDRA are filling fields and paying too.
Everyone hates that we cannot fill NHRA fields. Out West it’s getting worse. Struggling to get a 50% field.. The payout in TD and TS is ridiculous. It hasn’t grown in years and you know as well as I ya can’t melt a Wally…

As for Brian’s signature , he’s very successful racing and still is!

BTW. Everyone knows it’s you..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4504 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

The truth and facts are right in your signature.Chronic underachiever and you ran that 3.69 in hurricane conditions.

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does PDRA have contingency/sticker money?

Nim Rod may have gotten the rod in him.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I see What's His Face and hit nuthuggers are back at it.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
First of all, I am not Ed Pigley, that guy is just as retarded as you all. And no, nobody answered my question. Thank you jenavet, you see what I'm saying. Guy puts his whole damn life story in his signature and none of it is worth bragging about. I'd like to say I put together some top shelf satire in my mockery of it, you all are just too butthurt to appreciate it.