DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Drag radials vs slicks. And shock settings.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drag radials vs slicks. And shock settings.
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted
Guys, do any of you have a marked preference for drag radials over slicks, and why?

I have a pair of drag radials that I slap on in lieu of my slicks when I want to race in the 'street' class, which requires a DOT-legal tire.

I had previously given little thought to suspension adjustments when I do that though, and my results may be mediocre.

I'm a foot-braker, with 1/4-mile times in the 11.80s.

Thank you much!
T.

Posts: 327 | Location: Sioux Falls, SD | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
I've gone from bias to radials on many occasions going 10.0 - 10.50 and quite honestly haven't had to change anything. No difference in the consistency but radials were always a little quicker. We always race on well prepped tracks so I'm sure that helps. To me that's the beauty of the Caltracs.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My 3600 lb 10.50 car ran just as quick and maybe slightly quicker on drag radials as bias slicks.

Posts: 606 | Location: Lakewood, Co. | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SS427IMP:
My 3600 lb 10.50 car ran just as quick and maybe slightly quicker on drag radials as bias slicks.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys
T.

Posts: 327 | Location: Sioux Falls, SD | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post