Find
Notify
Tools

Spray Polish
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Spray Polish

I haven’t washed my race car for 2 years and plan to do this tomorrow. I use Armor All car wash as it does clean well.

I always used car wax after this cleaning, but would like to try a spray on wipe off product that makes the car look shiny.

What do you recommend that I can get at Autozone or Ace hardware??

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
This works great on my two daily drivers, race car is satin black so I use a special product on that..... This make the two daily drivers shine like new Meguiars Gold Class Quik Wax.....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of novaX522
posted Hide Post
I like the Mequiar's Mist & Shine, but I think that is more for in between washes. All the Mequiar's stuff is good.

Rob Livingston

Posts: 176 | Location: Waterloo, Iowa | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
the best stuff going is Lucas slick mist. think they sell it at local retailers. it is by far the best I have used. spray it on wipe it off and it is just like you put a wax job on it.

ep-slicker than a peeled Vidalia onion

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I agree with Pauley. The Lucas Oil Slick Mist Speed Wax is some good stuff and very easy to use. I also like Meguiars Ultimate Spray Wax.

Scott

Posts: 1838 | Location: Illinois | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Agree with all the choices above.

My wife got a gallon of F11 Spray wax from someone on faceplace...I love this stuff, very little goes a long way and the shine is really good!

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Lucas Oil Slick Mist I don't know if its the best but very easy to find around here, simple and very forgiving

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
OK. I was at W-mart and purchased the Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax and a roll of micro fiber towels.

I’ll purchase the Lucas Oil Slick Mist Speed Wax when I see it in the store.

Thanks for all the great advise!

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Lucas oil slick mist works great and it has a good smell to it. I've used Meguiars and it works but I think lucas works a little better. Black magic used to make a spray foam wax similar to their tire shine that worked amazing, almost too good. They quit making it about four years ago. If you can find a can of black magic, buy it.

Posts: 67 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
Lucas pumps a lot of money into our sport so if they make a product equal to the others, I would buy from them - support the companies who support us.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 630 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Lucas Oil Slick Mist. I use that on all my vehicles.

Posts: 2 | Location: Arizona | Registered: May 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Washed the car today and got most all of the grime off. Applied the Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax and wow it really looks great and was fast and easy to do. I am going to purchase the Lucas Slick Mist to try.

Here’s my next questions. I have and use one of those Duster kits from Summit and use both the small and large duster to keep the dust off.

Can I keep applying the Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax after weekend racing without a wash and just using the duster?? Or do I need a different product?? Or do I have to wash before applying any product??

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I don't know what they recommend but I spray Lucas slick mist on my car every weekend to clean off the dirt and grime. Dragsters suck to keep clean. I usually spray it on and wipe it down every race day, especially the 3-4 day races. I haven't noticed any issues.

Posts: 67 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post