DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Coolant in Aluminum Block
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coolant in Aluminum Block
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
What coolant are you guys with Aluminum blocks running for corrosion control.

Posts: 266 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I'm running purified drinking water and water wetter. Napa also has some stuff that works well.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I use 1 bottle of Lucas super coolant, you can get it at O'Reilly's

Posts: 2421 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I can't find a place to put coolant in my aluminum block...……. Didn't think of that

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can't find a place to put coolant in my aluminum block...……. Didn't think of that

Request an owners manual!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Use a sacrificial anode. Boat parts departments have them in a pencil stye on a pipe plug.

Posts: 26 | Location: TEXAS...waiting to secede! | Registered: December 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by len281:
Use a sacrificial anode. Boat parts departments have them in a pencil stye on a pipe plug.

X2

Posts: 477 | Location: here | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post