DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Daytona Sensors ignition
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daytona Sensors ignition
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of CAD
posted
Do any of you know anyone that is running Daytona Sensors CD-1 ignition system?
http://www.daytona-sensors.com...ose-racing-unit.html

The company is owned by, or one of the engineers, the same people that created the Crane CD ign in the 70s. I know Luke Siebert uses their LS Smart Spark, but havent found anyone that uses the CD-1 in a race car....

If yes, any performance issues? I like the interface and ability to control shift rpm, and 2step with no additional boxes, nor chips.

I've run a digital 6AL for years bracket racing, but have had several random issues over the years to the point where I'm considering a change.

Thanks
Clark - Omaha

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CAD,

Posts: 122 | Location: Omaha NE | Registered: October 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Van Greer
posted Hide Post
I used one for years in a dragster, ran 4.50's with a blown big block with no problem. The data recorder is a little crude, but way better than nothing, rev-limit is very smooth.

Posts: 81 | Location: Kingsport Tn | Registered: March 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post