DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Mickey Thompson tires...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mickey Thompson tires...
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We run the 3062W on a beadlock rim and it leaks very little, I think rims with screws are part of the problem too.

Posts: 604 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
quote:
Originally posted by 511camaro:
M/T changed their sidewall compound 2 or 3 years ago always going flat is a thing of the past.

Only way my mickeys DONT go flat is if i soap them. I run 2 sets of 3195s a year, and they will leak bad if i dont soap them. With that being said, still aint switching to the paint shakers, but MT has NOT fixed the leaking issue yet in my experience

In general, all drag tires do better when soaped. I have run MT's 3186, 3195, 3196 and 3197. I always soap the tires. What I found it this, the newer they are the less they will leak, the warmer it is the less they will leak and both tires don't leak at the same rate.
For me typically I can load the car after racing an the one that leaks faster is still up after two weeks in the trailer, about 3 to 3.5 lbs in it starting at 6.

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
It's 2021 and we're still worried about how much tires leak air?

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NC3x58:

Was there a time a few years back when flat tires were cool?

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 625 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
quote:
Originally posted by NC3x58:

Was there a time a few years back when flat tires were cool?

I was going to say that there haven’t been any technological advances in my lifetime that would make flat tires less of a pain in the ass.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3149 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post