DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Mickey Thompson tires...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mickey Thompson tires...
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted
Is there any source out there for a set of MT 3074S tires?...asking for a friend...lol...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
no but the far superior, faster and "deadly consistent" Hoosier 18245 is readily available. NahNahTounge

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I am actually thinking about the Hoosier 18372...33x15x15 stiff sidewall...hmmmm..

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
wrong tire for a 3200 lb. 6.50s car

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FastLane
posted Hide Post

Posts: 395 | Location: Parked... | Registered: May 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I think I have settled on the Hoosier 18260 DO5 tire...pretty darn close to what I am running now and they are available...we'll see how it works out...

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
again, wrong tire for a 3200 lb. 6.50s car

18245 is on my Firebird

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
I run the hoosier 18235. Used to run the 3074s and I like these better for my car

Posts: 829 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Same tire as the 18245 just smaller/less rollout

DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
The 18245 is built in the same mold as the 32x14. I've been running a set since the St Louis race last year. I ran the 32x14 tire for years until now. I like how they are holding up.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I found a set of the MT 3074S tires and ordered them today...been running them for a long time with great results and they will be here in 3-5 days...thanks for comments everyone...

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuzzy dice:
I found a set of the MT 3074S tires and ordered them today...been running them for a long time with great results and they will be here in 3-5 days...thanks for comments everyone...

Good choice and I am sure they will continue to serve you well. Good luck.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4008 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Junk tire. The Hoosier will not only be quicker, faster and deadly consistent but hold air too!

DRR Trophy
Picture of vega3410
posted Hide Post
quote:

Where did you find them? Looking for a set myself..

In greed we trust...So where's my money at?

Posts: 187 | Location: Elyria,Ohio | Registered: February 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vega3410:
quote:

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of vega3410
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
quote:

Has none..

In greed we trust...So where's my money at?

Posts: 187 | Location: Elyria,Ohio | Registered: February 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I found them at Autoplicity.com...

DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
"Junk tire. The Hoosier will not only be quicker, faster and deadly consistent but hold air too!"

You are entitled to your opinion but I will go with my experience over the last 8 years or so...your preference does not make my preference junk, sir...I ran Hoosiers for many years and while they were OK I like the MT's better...quicker and faster does not impress me since I bracket race...my MT's are extremely consistent, sir...oh yeah, mine lose about a lb. of air in a month sitting on an open trailer outside 24/7...have a nice day...

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
M/T changed their sidewall compound 2 or 3 years ago always going flat is a thing of the past.

Posts: 26 | Location: washington iowa | Registered: May 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 511camaro:
M/T changed their sidewall compound 2 or 3 years ago always going flat is a thing of the past.

Only way my mickeys DONT go flat is if i soap them. I run 2 sets of 3195s a year, and they will leak bad if i dont soap them. With that being said, still aint switching to the paint shakers, but MT has NOT fixed the leaking issue yet in my experience

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 705 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post