DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    system 1 oil system
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

system 1 oil system
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
I always wanted to try this style filter. any feedback and anyone know part number for blown bbc on methanol>?

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Slick Vic
posted Hide Post
They are nice so you take apart the oil filter each change. 209-5X1 but replace the x with 3 for 35 micron, 6 for 45 micron, 7 for 75 micron. Also we always "pin" the insert so it stays with the filter when you are taking it off the engine.

302-786-1078
slickvic@slickvicracing.com

slickvic@slickvicracing.com
www.slickvicracing.com
302-786-1078

Dealer for most major brands, including Simpson, Necksgen, Hans, Strange, Moser, Amsoil, Aerospace, Digital Delay, Hoosier, M/T, Goodyear, Redhorse, MSD, Racepak, Lucas, and more.

Complete racecar wiring and custom CNC parts available.

Posts: 131 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Really like mine , check it after 10 to 12 hits just for peace of mind. I have caught a problem a few times , but lately motors seem to hang a lot better. Knock on wood!!!!! LOL There was a flow chart showing what weight oil verses size of micron screen to use... I can't find it sorry

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2697 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have the system 1 remote filter I'm going to be selling if you have any interest.
I switched over to the billet connection clearview filter.

Posts: 415 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Seen those they are very nice looking, but that’s a little outside my price range, but I’m do to hit the lotto any week now, and I’m sure I’ll put this on my wish list .....

Posts: 2697 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
thanks guys sounds like a good system,i just gotta get part number for which one I need

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
I prefer the racor/oberg style remote.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bad News:
I prefer the racor/oberg style remote.

That looks real nice 115 micron filter,how is
the flow on it pretty good?

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Been running there filters systems before they were called System One. Flawless . But you need to match your oil viscosity to the proper micron number. Call them and they can tell you the right combination.

Fellow racer and servant of the Lord of Lords
John 14:6
"Creekside Racing Ministry"
MFI system, ProCharger Non-intercooled [6.02 @ 229 or 3.91/660' soft tune and killing power above 6K rpm]
Ron Clevenger

Posts: 1006 | Location: Visalia, Calif. 93292 | Registered: November 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
With 10/30 in the bracket motor I ran the 30 micron with a non bypass plate. With the blown TD motor I switched to 50wt and 45 micron filter also with the non bypass plate

Posts: 2403 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post