DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    cam swap whats it worth
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

cam swap whats it worth
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Ok first this is a very little cost no delay on getting car to track deal.Disclaimer done.

I have fella wanting to buy both my FC cams that are in motor currently. Cam is crane 296-500,296 @.050 with .800 lift 116 cl. Little big for 800 rpm bracket motor. HAve cam already licked that acording to desk top dyno(normally closer than would think) says is worth 50 hp and about 50 TQ. 286./278 .820 lift.Cost if sale one cam is about 175 bucks extra.Probably sell both buy one and see how it works before buying second for backup motor sitting here.
How much is 50 worth on a 950 hp motor? Car is 1650 race ready. Rough guess is about all expected since no run info YET. Figure if nothing else it will help car be more consistent with cam working in power range car will be run.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
http://www.wallaceracing.com/Calculators.htm

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1300 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
according to calculator its worth .02. Not sure I believe totally. I know when I swapped cams in Nova and went from hot street to a real racing cam it went from high 6.20's to high 5.90s. Not expecting that much going from too big to better fit but was thinking close to .1. Still figure more consistent if match power band to intended rpm range. Guess I will still have one of the 296-500's since guy only wanted one. Can always do swap later.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post