DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trailer build photos
Page 1 ... 53 54 55 56
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer build photos
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Ed, was wondering the reasoning on why such a short tongue on your trailer?

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
tongue weight and trailer axle distance to hitch ball.

The decision for the shorter tongue was based on the Motorsports trailers this one was designed from.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Ok, I measured mine and it's 5 foot 6 inches from trailer ball to front of trialer with 7000 watt gas Onan generator on the tongue in a box.

How is the trailer maneuverability with that short of a tongue? Especially backing into tight places?

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
With a generator or A/C cabinet on the tongue, you need a 5 foot tongue.

That said, no issue with maneuverability under normal driving, backing up always requires caution especially into tight spaces, whether you have a 4 foot or 5 foot tongue. I always prefer to have at least one spotter and I know numerous guys that have jacked knifed their trailer with 5 foot tongues.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

6 years since I started this thread and it still gets over 1000 views in 24 hours! Not worthy

335,000+ views on our way to 336,000 about “just another white trailer” Big Grin

Go to page 37 for specs and photos of the complete build, including fit out with Pit Pal accessories.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
Ed, can you drive the golf cart out of the side door. Also do you have storage in the floors.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Paul, yes, the golf cart is last in and first out. The double doors were specifically located for this purpose and requires a 34 foot trailer when set up for a dragster and door car though my friend Shawn who was instrumental in the layout has done the same with a 32 foot trailer but his is 6” higher and his base cabinet depth was reduced from 24” to 18”. I opted for No floor storage.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

337,000+ views on our way to 338,000 about “just another white trailer” Big Grin

Go to page 37 for specs and photos of the complete build, including fit out with Pit Pal accessories.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ed, does the golf cart ramp clip in when in use of loading or does a the lip of the ramp sit on the trailer? And when it's in it's underneath position in tow does lock in place?
Great set up with attention to detail.

Posts: 2 | Location: DC | Registered: March 22, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The pull out step/ramp does “clip” into a receiver

and does lock in place

when used as a step and when fully retracted going down the road.

338,000+ views on our way to 339,000 about “just another white trailer” Big Grin

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

342,000+ views on our way to 343,000 about “just another white trailer” Big Grin