DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trailer build photos
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 56
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer build photos
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
You are correct, You're pissing in the wind. clapping

Ron Ciglar and Shawn Fricke amongst others have logged a million miles with the same setup without a support under their cars and without issue.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Looks good. You got to love it when a plan comes together just right.

Posts: 493 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob7181:
Ed,

I know I am pi$$ing in the wind telling you this, but there is no way I would tow a dragster without a support under the seat area. I use a bladder on the floor and there is no way in heck I would not support that span, especially draped over your firebird. If you don't believe me put a go pro on the hood of your firebird and drive down a bumpy road.

I doubt Ed will be towing that many miles. They (Ed and Kyle) will probably hit Divisionals when time allows, plus maybe a few Big $$$ races, but unlike most, doesn't have to move his stuff on a weekly basis.

I have been VERY fortunate to be in a similar situation. I will bet good $$$ that I have more passes down a track with the fewest towing miles, and I tend to be a 2nd round quack! Smile

If I had to tow each time I raced, the stuff would be for sale and I would have a WHOLE lot of money for more guns and ammo! Wink

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Correct

Oh and 55,000+ views about "just another white trailer" Uncontrollable Laugh NahNahTounge

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Mike/Ed,

I got it. I tow anywhere from 20 miles to MIR to 1000 miles to Memphis. I didn't realize how much abuse cars got in a trailer until I almost lost one off the lift.

I use to put four straps on the car on my lift til I found the corvette front tire on the edge after coming back from Charlotte and yes both front and rear were X'ed. Now I still X the front and rear, plus put two straps in the middle pulling the car sideways. If it bounces that much on a lift, a 20' span dragster has to bounce a lot. But what do I know.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
I really feel for the racers at E-Town that come from Long Island New York. Their typical $$$ out of pocket just to get to/from the track is $120 minimum. Rediculous! They are hard-core to go through that agony. One of the worse drives possible, getting on and off that island.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
It is another white trailer and your dragster chassis would be much better off supported in some way.

I guess if they jumped off a bridge, you would too.

Just stating the obvious.

Didn't think of that

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Ciglar:
I ran all over the place with one dragster hanging and never put a bladder under the one on the floor and never had any problems because of it so don't believe the hype.

A trailer isn't as violent inside as most think, I left a wrench on one of the wheel wells inside then drove 1300 miles to Florida and the wrench never fell off.

and I've already jumped off a bridge. NahNahTounge

That said, my trailer has provisions to strap the cage to the ceiling for support if I chose and I've spoken to a racer that has fab'd a very nice aluminum support for a bladder.

On our way to 56,000 views and more photos coming.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
i like the dragster lift 1290.

ep-can't knock a guy for nice stuff.

Posts: 763 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
also I think backing the long car in greatly reduces the amount of movement and bouncing. at least that is what I have experienced backing vs pulling my dragster in to the trailer. it rides much better backed in. the rear of the trailer will ride rough as h3ll.

ep-carry on 1290

Posts: 763 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
EP is so right...if you think it's not rough in the rear of the trailer just ride in it on the interstates for 10 minutes inside your trailer...just cause a guy said it is not rough don't mean it isn't.

See for yourself, especially on the eastern side of the country...hop in the trailer one time.

Speaking of the eastern side of the country, why do a lot of guys over in that area register their trailers in Maine when they don't live there. I noticed this at both races I attended this summer on plates in the pits. I mean how legal is this practice to screw your home state out of the sales tax everyone else pays?

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
My old trailer and dragster...

Front wheels would move sideways a lot..
Add rubber Wheel cradles.....No movement

My present trailer and dragster. Same deal, even worse, smooth aluminum floor......add cradles....No movement...
Torflex axles not leaf springs..
Nose cone ends up on floor popping out of wall holder just forward of wheel box.....Add tape to secure it...
Items routinely end up on floor that were in wall mounted PitPal rack....sidewall over wheel box.

Always load my cars in forward facing.......and use air bladder.
Chassis cracked at front uprights/bottom tube joint behind steering.....pretty common on some cars.....easy fix.....

I watched a trailer in front of me going down to Etown one Sunday AM......It's Wheels were bouncing off the road real bad and it was a new looking trailer....

Gold Rush offered shocks as an option going back many years and it's no wonder after watching that trailer that day.....I don't think all trailers do it but that one sure did....Maybe it was empty ?
IDK.....

If trailer ride wasn't a potential issue.......golf cart batteries would not need to be removed....... HMMMM

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The fact that you've seen plates means it's legal.

Like our great president, I want to pay the least amount of taxes allowable by law.

Just completed another roadtrip of 200 hundred miles without anything moving. Guess m just lucky. Roll Eyes

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Speaking of the eastern side of the country, why do a lot of guys over in that area register their trailers in Maine when they don't live there. I noticed this at both races I attended this summer on plates in the pits. I mean how legal is this practice to screw your home state out of the sales tax everyone else pays?

torq....it is how to get out of paying local and state property taxes. you can register it in maine and buy a 10 year tag and you are done for a nominal fee. it was 175 when I did my trailer several years ago. you can go through a company call MMTA (I think) and they act as a go between for you and the state of maine. you have a title for your trailer from maine.

ep-it is legal. a lot of over road trailers are tagged in maine

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Fort Worth one day, I saw a motorhome with a Montana plate. I asked the guy where in MT are you from because I am from MT.
The guy just kind of laughed and said, it's just registered in MT.
So, same thing in MT, there are people in MT that will set up a LLC for you, get all the paper work straight, and you get out of the sales tax.
On a $500K motorhome, that's about $30K saved.
It is legal.
So, as you travel the roads, look at the plates, many are MT.
Works for airplanes also.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
also I think backing the long car in greatly reduces the amount of movement and bouncing. at least that is what I have experienced backing vs pulling my dragster in to the trailer. it rides much better backed in. the rear of the trailer will ride rough as h3ll.

ep-carry on 1290

This. With so much weight on the rear wheels of a dragster and all that weight behind the trailer axles it will make the trailer bounce like a pogo stick on some roads.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Correct

Oh and 55,000+ views about "just another white trailer" Uncontrollable Laugh NahNahTounge

Yeah but 50,000 of the views are you checking to make sure people are paying attention to you....
Loser

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No one pays any attention to you! You're a clown, a moron and a never was that don't race.

Meanwhile my research, my planning and willingness to share it in this thread has informed many that never knew that an operation such as mind could be hauled easily in a tag trailer when built specifically for it. This thread has also sold 4 very similar trailers that I have first hand knowledge of, 2 of which are regular posters here. Keep the questions coming either here or pm.

If there is a apecific detail of this trailer that I haven't posted that you would like to see, just ask.

That said, Well on our way to 57,000 views about "just another white trailer". Uncontrollable Laugh NahNahTounge

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
That said, Well on our way to 57,000 views about "just another white trailer".

I understand the attention is crazy important to you....just remember most of those 57000 views are probably just you checking yourself out in the mirror.... Laughing very hard

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Again, you are a clown!

Again, you are a moron!

Again, you are a nobody!

Again, no one pays any attention to you!

Again, you don't race!