DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trailer build photos
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 56
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer build photos
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Mike, tell me more.

Lou passed on the COPO.

97,000+ views, on our way to 98,000 about "just another white trailer"

Ed, I don't remember the specifics of exactly what happened to each engine. It happened while I was doing chemo and my brain doesn't remember a whole lot from that time period. Frown

But, each one had bearing problems, and I think it was actually caused by the blocks cracking. Again, you would have to ask them. But to run in the high 8's with a NA 427 was cool in my book! Smile

Victor did it with a bias slick and a manual trans, Jack had an auto in his.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mike, I wasn't aware that anyone has run in the 8's with the n/a 427 but I also haven't been following the COPO's performance with each engine.

What I do know is that not only is the COPO now a different car than jacks and victors if his is older than 2016, so is the 427 engine.

Got a few more calls to make most important to David Barton before I make my decision.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mike, I wasn't aware that anyone has run in the 8's with the n/a 427 but I also haven't been following the COPO's performance with each engine.

What I do know is that not only is the COPO now a different car than jacks and victors if his is older than 2016, so is the 427 engine.

Got a few more calls to make most important to David Barton before I make my decision.

Here you go......there was a 8.99 here. Keep makin calls "**** Puller"

https://youtu.be/6qItrfYVw-E

Posts: 54 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
16 passes on a set of tires, too rich for my blood!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Vern, showdown cars maybe but not COPOs running stock eliminator.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
16 passes on a set of tires, too rich for my blood!

Me to, that's a problem in td with some tires

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Emp-tees Uncontrollable Laugh

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just curious what your plans for the COPO would be. I'm guessing Stock Eliminator only. Like Mike B said,bracket racing would seem like a large hassle and racing a car that costs over $100K to win $1000 doesn't make sense to me.

Would I want one? Sure,but at what cost?
Good luck with your decision.

PS: Nice trailer and doing my part to get to over 100,000 views. Crazy Driver

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Also thinking out loud, will the trailer accept different wheelbase dragsters?

I am guessing a shorter dragster would be to close to the firebird and anything longer would not fit without moving the hoist/cradle.

Once again, just curious.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
If I go forward with the offer, I will be raced in Stock Eliminator.

My car has 248” wb and the dragster lift as installed can accomadate the typical 235 - 240” Car without conflict with my Firebird.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Stock eliminator is for people with talent

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:
Stock eliminator is for people with talent

I believe special Ed has no intentions of signing on the bottom line. The super charged COPO requires a lot of engine maintenance. I also do not see Ed racing stock eliminator. I also wonder why a person would get on a list to buy a car then decline, but I could be wrong, although I would like to see ED run a stocker but I won't hold my breath.

Posts: 54 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
7 months since starting this thread and KB Trailer sales selling 5 more trailers specifically due to the information in this thread and today we are at 100,000+ views, on our way to 101,000 about "just another white trailer"

clapping Uncontrollable Laugh Right Dancing Cat

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted December 30, 2017 01:07 PM Hide Post
7 months since starting this thread and KB Trailer sales selling 5 more trailers specifically due to the information in this thread and today we are at 100,000+ views, on our way to 101,000 about "just another white trailer"

You didn't mention that your still a first round runner-up

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong Spitting

Loser I.P. Dailey

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
Just curious what your plans for the COPO would be. I'm guessing Stock Eliminator only. Like Mike B said,bracket racing would seem like a large hassle and racing a car that costs over $100K to win $1000 doesn't make sense to me.

Would I want one? Sure,but at what cost?
Good luck with your decision.

PS: Nice trailer and doing my part to get to over 100,000 views. Crazy Driver

There's a dude in Western Oklahoma who bought a COPO to run the Sayre Street Races. Talk about a waste of a great car.

Posts: 1108 | Location: OklahomaCity,OK | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
At least he is racing it, a good percentage of the cars never see the track. Besides, it's his $, his car, his time to with whatever makes him happy. He also doesnt have to deal with the nhra shyt show. Maybe he thinks those that bought a COPO to run in stock eliminator are wasting a great car.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
A buddy in so cal says there is a guy at Fontana that bought a COPO just to bracket race and unlike Ed he gets past the first round Shake head

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Must be true becuase the p u s s y that hides behind a screen name says so.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Must be true becuase the p u s s y that hides behind a screen name says so.

How's all those phone calls coming bull****er Roll Eyes