DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trailer build photos
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 56
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer build photos
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:

Speaking of the eastern side of the country, why do a lot of guys over in that area register their trailers in Maine when they don't live there. I noticed this at both races I attended this summer on plates in the pits. I mean how legal is this practice to screw your home state out of the sales tax everyone else pays?

By law a trailer has no place of origin so it can be registered in any state. I myself and along with many others register our trailers in main for two reasons.

1 when you register a new trailer, you don't pay tax on it. Some states may not like it but its legal.

2 For me a 7 year registration cost around $80 with a plate.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 434 olds:
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:

Speaking of the eastern side of the country, why do a lot of guys over in that area register their trailers in Maine when they don't live there. I noticed this at both races I attended this summer on plates in the pits. I mean how legal is this practice to screw your home state out of the sales tax everyone else pays?

By law a trailer has no place of origin so it can be registered in any state. I myself and along with many others register our trailers in main for two reasons.

1 when you register a new trailer, you don't pay tax on it. Some states may not like it but its legal.

2 For me a 7 year registration cost around $80 with a plate.

Just did mine as well

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1518 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
J.R. Post some photos of your trailer loaded.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
2018 Bravo Superstar. 26' with standard height, RV Tongue with electric jack. Mini-spread axle with Dexter 5200 lb torsion axles. Kept it pretty basic. Have 6 overhead LED 12 volt lights, florescent lights, wall plugs, breaker box, overhead cabinets, Pewter Metalic in color with the finished interior. So far, very happy. Chris Barker was great to work with on the build.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
what's your plan for tie down points?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
They were in the box up front. We wanted to put them in as this trailer is hauling the golf cart to the front and the S-10. The dragster is staying in the Vintage with plans to upgrade that trailer this winter.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
got it

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Put drum in upper corner, golf cart in front of the truck, couple jugs on the floor and then the rear tie down. Still plenty of room. Truck is a little more forward now. This was just a starting point. It wanted a little more tongue weight on the truck.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
looks like it works

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
J.R. Post some photos of your trailer loaded.

Not sure I have any but ill check tomorrow

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1518 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
The best part of having a trailer in Mi is permanent plates. You kinda get soaked the first time at about $300, and sales tax, but after that the owner has no more fees.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
still doesn't compare to Maine tags.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Cant get a pic to show up on here anymore ed

J.R. Baxter

2024 Miller
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
In NC you can register a trailer as "multi year". The cost is $75. You still have to pay sales tax on it at the time of registering it, and pretty sure you have to pay property tax annually. My wife handles the taxes so not sure. Lol.

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
So now that I and others have made all here aware of the benefits of registering a new trailer in Maine, why wouldn't everyone do it?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
You screw your own state out of the sales tax for your personal trailer but give me chit for challenging the toll road in PA for 800 plus dollars?

Not everyone chooses to dispute with the trooper why they have Maine plates on my trailer and different plates on my MH.

I can see/hear it now:
State trooper: Where you from anyway boy?
Guy with Maine plates on personal trailer : Umm you see I saved money by screwing the state that pays your check Mr State trooper...
State trooper: Is that right boy?

That should go real well...we all pay sales and property tax...what makes you exempt Mr Ed? Some technicality? We all choose our paths...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TORQIN,

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
the difference is the length of your is NOT legal in PA and most states and my registering my trailer in Maine is legal! NahNahTounge Spitting

Oh and on our way to 62,000 views about "just another white trailer" Uncontrollable Laugh

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Yea sure Ed...American Express and I seemed to disagree with ya...you wanted me to fry for the toll...karma is a b I t c h and so are you.
Full Moon

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
you will still, PA ain't letting you off the hook.

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
That's yet to be seen, you on the other hand could be in the same trouble if caught somewhere else with your legal tax evasion...cant wait till you have explain that to a cop while you admit speeding...

U asked why everyone is not doing it...possibly not everyone wants the challenge of legality on personal property tax. What part don't you like?