DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trailer build photos
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 56
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer build photos
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
10% of trailer weight is the rule of thumb for tags....

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
quote:
Originally posted by drewsmotorsports:
SHARP!! Why do trailer manufactures put axles so far forward? Why do you need a thousand pounds of tongue weight?

Without the proper amount of tongue weight it will be very difficult to pull with a pick up, been there done that

If the tongue weight is too light the tail will wag the dog especially during braking! The more the trailer weighs relative to the tow vehicle the worse it gets!

If this ever happens to you release the tow vehicle's brakes and just use the trailer's brakes,,, assuming you got time to do so!!

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Installed some accessories, got a few more brackets/holders to install...

tied down...

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Looks great! What do you do with the Generator when you have both cars in?

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
don't know yet, maybe behind the scooter.

You getting your trailer this week?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
should be finished late this week or early next week.

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
Nice trailer. You certainly did it right. Cry once, buy once.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Paul Dilley
posted Hide Post
Looks very nice!
Cheers

Posts: 38 | Location: gracemere, qld, Australia | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
thanks

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I was gonna tell you to use a better strap over the golf cart floor but I remembered your's is in the front of the trailer.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Vern, I could use a 2" strap but the 1" straps used to tie down the golf cart, scooter and generator didn't loosen up at all.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
My golf cart is in the back. I added an aluminum 1/4 inch thick strap with holes in it and bolted it to where the hitch on the cart would be. A couple of ratchet straps to the floor d-rings stopped any movement.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Vern, even without a tie down strap, my golf cart can't move with the front tires against the road side wall and foot board of the flip/flop seat just clear of the barn doors.

over 40,000 views about "just another white trailer" NahNahTounge too funny! Relaxing clapping

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I'm pressed for space and wanting to use a stackable fuel jug rack similar to the one pit pal offers...

anyone using this or something similar?

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Do you have to remove the wing from the dragster?

Posts: 33 | Location: Xenia | Registered: June 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Only when using the hoist.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I'm pressed for space and wanting to use a stackable fuel jug rack similar to the one pit pal offers...

anyone using this or something similar?

I actually bought Pit Posse oil can holders and the quality seems comparable to Pitpal at a 25% or so discount. That being said, my buddy has dual fuel jug PP holders that he stacked like your pic with no problems, mounted to the wall. I am in the same boat and will be doing something similar.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Streeter Super Stands makes a 4, 6 and 8 stacked jug holder...

http://www.hrpracing.com/fuel-...ds-up-to-4-jugs-bare

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Is that a dolly to pickup the front of the dragster on the wall? If so why not just raise the front of the trailer and drive it in?

Rick Huffman
Accelerated Graphics
Why was everyone Kung Fu Fighting?

Posts: 598 | Location: Burleson TX | Registered: January 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
yes and I do. Purchased for previous trailer but still use it to tuck the nose of the dragster in tighter to the roadside wall.