DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trailer build photos
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 56
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer build photos
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
and here are the photos of the completed trailer, 5 months after pulling the trigger and 18 months of research. Made it's maiden tow today in the rain Frown without issue using an Equalizer 14,000 lb.WD/SC hitch.

A recap of the specifics...

34 foot
4 foot tongue
Non spread axle
Hydraulic jack
.050 exterior skin
rivets on seams
7'-6" interior height
walls/ceiling insulated
5 foot ramp extension
T&E dragster hoist
6820 lbs. empty
907 lbs. tongue weight

This is not "just another white trailer" and not a trailer you'll find on anyone's lot, it's a custom build to the placement of the axles, placement of the barn doors, D ring layout, backer in the walls to install brackets/accessories, airline track in the ceiling, golf cart loading ramp, etc.

I'm very happy with the end results, could have easily spend thousands more in additional options.

Still have to locate and choose some accessories like the fuel jug rack.

In the coming weeks I'll post more photos of it loaded and photos at night with the lights on.

Thanks for all the interest, on our way to 34,000 views Wink and if you're in the market for a new trailer and the budget allows for an aluminum trailer, give Intech a look, shop for price then call Bryan Keller aka KB Trailer Sales when you are ready to pull the trigger and get your best price and customer service that is second to none.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
EXCELLENT Ed......thread and trailer. Lots of helpful info, great pics, and a touch of entertainment.

Not worthy

NHRA Pro Stock..........now on a no CARB diet.

Posts: 2764 | Location: ohio | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Looks great Ed, I'd be proud of it too.

What is the blue rectangle on the right side wall?

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3094 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I am. Relaxing Had an offer to sell it today. Shake head

Marks the wall where I had backer installed for several brackets.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Everything I have is for sale..........

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3094 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I am. Relaxing Had an offer to sell it today. Shake head

How much did Tim Mitchell offer ?

Razz

NHRA Pro Stock..........now on a no CARB diet.

Posts: 2764 | Location: ohio | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Laughing Hard

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Awesome trailer Ed.
I got a good look at the Intech Trailers at PRI last December in Indy.
For sure top of the line trailers.
Enjoy the new ride for the hotrods. And safe travels.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
thank you

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I didn't see a weather station mount or access door. I know you run a handheld as best I recall but I thought you might add that anyway. Nice trailer!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5296 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
thought about it, waited too long to prewire for it.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
what made you choose not to go with the spread axle?

Posts: 783 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
1. The nearly 2 foot longer wheel house has caused some to have to remove a header when loading two dragsters on the floor.

2. Execesive tire wear

3. I don't like the look.

DRR Trophy
Picture of deadon1578
posted Hide Post
Ed, Awesome trailer!! A little fact I learned after I purchased my triple axle living in Maryland. Tolls!! If I try to go to Cecil County Dragway, 4 axle (2 truck, 2 trailer)$24.00 using Rt95 triple axle= $48 !!! Double the price for 3rd axle. If I try to go to US13 Dragway in Delaware and cross the Bay bridge, 4 axle is $12 and $24 for triple!! I don't know how other states are, but if you head south on 95 be prepared passing through this state!! There are ways around but you got to know them. Enjoy your new Trailer, well done!

Posts: 46 | Location: md | Registered: July 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
the step/golfcart loading ramps are a great idea

Posts: 154 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
you said the axle placement was specific, where did you have the axles placed compared to a normal trailer?

Posts: 783 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
don't have my notes in front of me but about a foot forward IIRC of where intech installs their triple axles.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
thought about it, waited too long to prewire for it.

yeah it wasnt cheap either, think they wanted like 450 or something to wire one up, and I had to send them all the stuff

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
yea, that was the issue, supplying them the components in time.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deadon1578:
Ed, Awesome trailer!! A little fact I learned after I purchased my triple axle living in Maryland. Tolls!! If I try to go to Cecil County Dragway, 4 axle (2 truck, 2 trailer)$24.00 using Rt95 triple axle= $48 !!! Double the price for 3rd axle. If I try to go to US13 Dragway in Delaware and cross the Bay bridge, 4 axle is $12 and $24 for triple!! I don't know how other states are, but if you head south on 95 be prepared passing through this state!! There are ways around but you got to know them. Enjoy your new Trailer, well done!

It's $4.00 per axle to cross into Pa. with my motorhome and trailer..... $16.00 !!

Going to Cecil County for me costs $80-$90 in tolls using the NJ Turnpike, and I have EZPass....

I don't recall what the costs were when I used my pickup with camper and trailer....

I got a second EZpass transponder for the MH and listed it for what it is...

They view it the same as a commercial truck IIRC.....Class 4

I have gone thru Pa. and drop down to 95 below Philadelphia to cut that toll cost last time I went to Cecil....

Not a fun ride.......The scenic route.....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post