DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trailer build photos
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 56
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer build photos
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Bad a$$ Ed looks fantastic..

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1395 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B-rad2416:
If you haven't thought of it already, make sure you support the dragster under the seat or close to that just as if it was on the floor.

X2

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
supporting the chassis while it's up on the lift, going down the road has been discussed in a previous thread. The two racers that are responsible for advising me on this trailer build do not and have never had an issue.

That said, when I was at the spring fling Galot last month, I looked into a trailer like mine, with a dragster and door car. It had a bladder under the the dragster supported by a custom built aluminum frame. I spoke the owner/fabricator and he will build for me. Once I tweak the loading of all my junk, I'll decide if I want a support and what type.

I did have the trailer built with the intent of controlling flex/bounce from overhead while going down the road.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
looks great Ed

Posts: 11 | Location: pa | Registered: December 13, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of rooster_439
posted Hide Post
fine looking piece

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” Dr.Seuss

Posts: 4191 | Location: twilight zone | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
thanks guys

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
quote:

That said, when I was at the spring fling Galot last month, I looked into a trailer like mine, with a dragster and door car. It had a bladder under the the dragster supported by a custom built aluminum frame. I spoke the owner/fabricator and he will build for me. Once I tweak the loading of all my junk, I'll decide if I want a support and what type.

If you're having trouble deciding, put a Gopro in the trailer and tow it to the track. While reviewing the footage have that guy's cellphone number handy.

NHRA Pro Stock..........now on a no CARB diet.

Posts: 2764 | Location: ohio | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XPS fan:
quote:

If you're having trouble deciding, put a Gopro in the trailer and tow it to the track. While reviewing the footage have that guy's cellphone number handy.

Good idea. I rode in my trailer once years ago, it's a real eye opener Shake head

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
Good idea. I rode in my trailer once years ago, it's a real eye opener Shake head

We did some camera work when we were having trouble with some fuel drums. Absolutely amazing the difference in the ride characteristics in front of axles, over axles, and behind axles.......even in the BEST trailers.

NHRA Pro Stock..........now on a no CARB diet.

Posts: 2764 | Location: ohio | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Yup, in front of the axle is the place to be, especially with a gooseneck. That's why I back my long car in........

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
When u take the golf cart out will the scooter come out the side door and it looks good

Posts: 155 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
thanks and yes

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Old SG
posted Hide Post
Good job planning on loading the cars and scooter/golf cart. After you load the cars and the scooter just take the cart to the pay window come back and load the cart in the side door and off you go. We did it that way for years, works great. Cool

Denny Johnson
I'd rather win than drive.
SG 559
TD 5595 2015 Mile High Champ
TD 559 2016 Mile High Champ
4.112 @ 174
6.372 @ 216 DA 8875

Posts: 492 | Location: Wheat Ridge, Co | Registered: November 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Looks BADA$$! Awesome build and utilization of the trailer. Waiting for the empty pics, just to see the complete layout.

Shane Carr

"Sugar Shane"

Posts: 119 | Location: No clue | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Thanks and look for them later tonight.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sugar Shane:
Looks BADA$$! Awesome build and utilization of the trailer. Waiting for the empty pics, just to see the complete layout.

Shane Carr

Shouldn't you be winning a race somewhere or at least be in a winner circle pic! Looked like you were in every pic at Pete and Kyle's race You Da Man

PS: doing well at the poker room at the Nugget Wink

Oh yeah, nice white trailer.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:

Shane Carr

Empty pictures?

Ed, is there something you need to tell us?! Uncontrollable Laugh

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Great planning and Beautiful build Ed. Can you post night pics of what it looks like inside and out if possible? Would like to see the flood lights you installed lit up.

Posts: 2459 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
quote:

Shane Carr

Sugar Shane,

Shouldn't you be winning a race somewhere or at least be in a winner circle pic! Looked like you were in every pic at Pete and Kyle's race You Da Man

PS: doing well at the poker room at the Nugget Wink

Oh yeah, nice white trailer.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of popper
posted Hide Post
How long was your planning stage Ed? Can't wait for more pictures.

popper
John Lynch

Posts: 229 | Location: Kingston, Illinois | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post