DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Bbc blower rockers…
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bbc blower rockers…
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
We just received our Jesel rockers and they also say where the adjuster nut should be in relation to the number of turns in/out on the instruction sheet.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I put a full set of Mantons on my blower motor recently. Cory just built one with the steel crower rockers. Results to follow...

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
T&D aluminum on my 250 blower 598, no issues but rockers were new with the build so 300 runs or so. 1 piece intake stand.

If rockers are breaking for no apparent reason, they are old and need a rebuild, or need to be tossed away. Aluminum rocker bodies will deform over time if you have enough spring pressure and lift after many cycles, how many nobody knows. Rebuild every so often, if the new axle bearing goes into the rocker really easily and doesn't have a slight crush fit, the rocker is too sloppy to re-use. Good spare, but not for a fresh build. If chromoly or steel rocker, that shouldn't happen unless there's other contributing factors, but bearings can and do get old and need to be replaced.

I have seen success with much more common parts. Chromoly comp cams stud mount rockers, stud girdles, BB2X head, 800 lift, 3/8" pushrods 0.165" thick, 350+ lbs on the seat, PAC 1248 spring. 522, 14:71, 4-teens 170+ mph, 22-28 PSI Boost, 200 hundred runs, no issues. Sold the motor at 200 passes so not sure what happens beyond 200 runs.

Posts: 373 | Location: Pride, La | Registered: April 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post