DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    MSD PN ? MSD Pro-Billet Distributor 84697
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MSD PN ? MSD Pro-Billet Distributor 84697
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted
I have a MSD crank trigger distributor 84697. I ordered what I thought was the correct cap and rotor PN84085.
The rotor is not correct and the cap appears to snap on OK but the terminals on the inside are quite narrow compared to the original.
Must have taken a stupid pill as I have failed to come up with the correct PN for the cap and rotor replacement.
Anybody able to hook me up with the correct numbers?

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2035 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Looks like 8457 for the rotor and 8408 for the cap.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
8457 for the rotor and 8408

Denis thank you for the info.
Apparently the cap that I have with the brass terminals has been changed to the small stainless steel terminals. Cap with Brass terminals is no longer available.

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2035 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post